Author Topic: British Anzani Astra Utility - FOR SALE  (Read 6806 times)

Ludek

• Just Starting
British Anzani Astra Utility - FOR SALE
« on: August 23, 2007, 11:03:23 PM »
Hello Everyone,  :)

I have just been informed about a BA Astra for sale. This is only the second example I know of and I would dearly like to assist the owner to find it a good home. The car has it's original log book and is a three owner vehicle first registered in August 1957. It seems his family first acquired the car in 1983 and it remains on their property to this day. To his eternal credit he has not just scrapped it but taken the trouble to find out a bit about it's history and hence his contact with my web site.

I am webmaster of the British Anzani Archive web site and I have put some pictures of the Astra on our 'Owners Pics' page if you would like to have a look: http://www.britishanzani.co.uk/OwnersPage.htm

The car could best be described (in estate agency parlance) as 'ready for restoration' but from the pictures I have there are a substantial number of engine parts, exhaust bits, and body trim etc. still with the car and the interior looks in pretty good nick. I have more pics available if you would like to see them and would be happy to put anyone with a genuine interest in touch with the owner. From what I can gather price isn't an issue he just wants someone to (hopefully) restore it to it's former glory.

If you are interested let me know on this message board or via the message board on my site and I will contact you with further details.

Many thanks,

Martin Osborne

witney44

Re: British Anzani Astra Utility - FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 10:01:30 AM »
Does Jean know of this one? ;D

Dan Rodd

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 10:51:45 AM »
this looks like a new and exciting find to me!

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 04:50:43 PM »
You're right Dangle, this IS an exciting find!  :o This is indeed only the second Astra ever to come to light!

Hold the front page Tony, it looks like we have Find Of The Year sitting here!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 04:52:26 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 09:00:17 PM »
I take it the Powerdrive, also featured on this site, is on Jeans list. It's interesting what the last Astra fetched at auction, it seems there are still rarities out there at affordable prices.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 07:00:58 AM by blob »

witney44

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 09:48:47 AM »
Is this the Powerdrive that is in our Editor's collection?  ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:52:02 AM by witney44 »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 10:23:49 AM »
Could be? I wonder if he's tempted by the latest Astra find.  :D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »
I remember going to see this Powerdrive in the essex woods years ago before Tony took it away. The body was in an amazing state of preserve. To describe it as being "all there" in the advert is rich though as the whole chassis had rotted away to nothing, unless of course it has had a new one built since. I think the lines of these cars are wonderful. If they had been given an engine with the power to match its name they could have been a real success.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 10:44:50 AM by bobbybubble »

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 07:03:04 PM »
You will be pleased to know that this 'new' Astra has been saved and is now number R1118 on the Register.  I think the Powerdrive on the Anzani  site is another hitherto unknown vehicle.  I am trying to discover who its new owner is to make sure.  If any of you has information about an unusual microcar that may not be on the Register please let me know about it so that we can find it a good home, preferably in this country.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

inacoma

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 05:38:14 PM »
1956 BRITISH ANZANI ASTRA UTILITY microcar Item number: 300151472962

Now on ebay

John