Author Topic: Shed clearance sale, stuff coming up  (Read 4458 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Shed clearance sale, stuff coming up
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:49:01 AM »
Microcars coming up for sale (big cars on request)

A clearance of one of my sheds is leading to a cull of Messerschmitt projects I am not going to have time to ever do. Besides I have an extension to build on my house.

There are 3 Messerschmitt Sport kits to come up.

In each case the basis is a rebuilt monocoque with new steel panelling as supplied to the MOC. This has a matching engine frame, and chain-case drive unit. This matches an set of ID papers so the car can retain its original register number, or be re-registered on export.  From that I have added the wings, nose and boot from what I have. The Sport Top is a new set of panels. Includes a Sport Seat set. These cars will come with mostly used, but good restorable original parts. So it will be to you if you budget for replacements, or restore, bearing in mind much that is reproduction is inaccurate.
I have three Honda CN250 engines and the plans of the engine frame needed to bolt this into a Schmitt. So there is that option, or the option of an original Sachs 200 reversing engine complete to rebuild. £10,000 each

There are 5 Messerschmitt monocoque kits.

This is a set of new steel MOC type panels to weld onto a Monocoque tube and crossmember frame. So you end up with a tub ready to go. The paperwork matches the tub, and the original registration can be retained, or an exported tub registered. With this is the matched engine frame and drive, and a Sport seat kit. This is about as basic as a Schmitt can get, as you have to find what you need/wish to complete the car to the specification you want. Might be I end up with a spare Honda CN250 engine, or a Sachs 200 to rebuild, from the Sport sales above. £2,750 each

Messerschmitt KR175

A pretty complete example to restore. A Curates egg of parts. The tub and chassis are pretty good, wants the two lower floor panels replaced, in my opinion. Suspension towers good. Nose is in pretty good shape, tidy of the lower front edge, and new nose floor. Wings are new in GRP. Boot is in good order. The door is a mess. I would suggest a trip to Oliver Herbolzhiemer, but a skilled restorer could get it back. No dome or side frames. Windscreen insert is complete to reuse. It has its lights and switches, its suspension and brakes, wheels etc. The engine is a good unit that was rebuilt a few years ago.  Easier to list what is not there. No rear seat, gear lever, handbrake lever. The car comes with a V5C on an age related number and that is for a B2 type. Be looking for around £8,500 for what is fast becoming a rare world wide collectable.

Messerschmitt KR200 dome top

Barn find condition car out from probably 30 years ownership from the barn it came from. Never restored, but as it was in the '70's when it was put away. So complete, minimal rust, the right parts, save mirrors. This car will be put to the road and supplied running. You can drive it in its slightly scruffy appearance, or its one of the simplest of restorations. £15,000. I will happily drive it, till it sells.

Church Pod or the entire project

The prototype Church Pod, and the one with a registration on a Q plate. This was a project by Russell Church to make a commuter car out of unwanted scooter parts, and new Messerschmitt parts obtainable. Thus it is a twist and go scooter from the steering yolk back, of your choice, bolted to a single seal GRP body encasing a very strong tubular frame. This uses Messerschmitt suspension and king pins. The outers are fundamentally Mini/Reliant, but some development remains to be done there. The steering is modified Messerschmitt design, as is the triangulation, as its known to handle well. The screen is a cut down Mondeo, and is included. Mounting needs to improved. The donor bike is a Honda Foresite 250cc four stroke. When the car was running no one was brave enough to find out the top speed, but it was climbing the hills at 70 mph! So huge potential, but requires the finishing it was part dismantled for.  £2,500
Or buy the intellectual rights and the 5 th car which is currently a set of chassis tubes and panels, and a new set of body panels. This will include the registered prototype above, all for £3,000

Vellam Isetta

A remarkable 'one' owner example that spent long years from 1956 near Dijon. From its dry storage it moved to Rodez where the new owner started a fastidious restoration. This saw the rust free car repainted in its correct slightly off white. The majority of the car is restored, much fitted, but it needs finishing. Quite a few parts, like the tyres, were the last new parts to be found. It promises to be a beautiful car, and the Vellam is to my mind the prettiest Isetta of them all. Engine is wound full of oil after rebuild, though it has not turned for 30 years of my ownership. Was to be part of my collection and I only kept the best.
Not without its problems. The rear screen needs repair, or like the front screen a new one sourced. These are available. The interior does not match the exterior, purely as its original and 60 years old!
I have the all important Carte Gris, and also the regional identity papers. So the car will get registered just about anywhere in the world as a paperwork exercise. It also comes with a copy workshop manual, exploded diagrams and other handy paperwork like service sheets.  A great car for £12,000.

Invacar Mk12 Type E (Villiers)

Choice from 4 of the previous style of well known petrol engined Invalid Carriages from the '60's. Some 45 odd known left out of the entire production. Complete vehicle in need of restoration. Based on a tubular steel spine, with outriggers supporting a flat floor. So not to dissimilar to a Scootacar, but all bolted together GRP panels. The suspension trailing arms and front assembly bolt on, the Villiers 11E dynostart engine sits on top of the spare.  So dead easy to restore, save the sliding door, which is steel. Bit of work to do there. Handle bar control version, so no foot controls. Comes complete, I have got a reasonable spares back up if something is duffed. Engine easy to fix, assume it goes to rebuild (Villiers Services will do this). Comes with a dating letter from the original DHSS documentation so will gain an age related number, at the least as we the number on a couple.  £1,450.
Bulk purchase available including damaged but basically complete 5th spares car. £5,000 (fit four to a beaver-tail, one on a trailer)!

Also parting with Citroen BX, various, Borgward Isobella Van 1959, Bellamy type Trials car with spare chassis, AC Type 70.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 11:00:07 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Basket case

• Chatty
Re: Shed clearance sale, stuff coming up
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 08:58:07 PM »
I have a rock solid pair of 175 wings that are surplus, and almost like nos if you find a buyer for your 175

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 12:02:17 PM »
What is needed to complete the monocoque kit cars other than what you are providing?
I also do not understand how the I.d. # of the tub can be used for registration purposes, if you are only supplying the sheet metal panels needed to be able to create a new tub by welding it to the chassis tube.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 10:09:12 AM »
You need everything but the parts I am supplying. Which is the monocoque, engine frame, chaincase and a sport seat. Up to you what you fit and where you get it from.
These cars have their original registrations. So the tube, engine frame and paperwork are for the same car. Its not a case of assembly and than asking that it be recognised as a Messerschmitt on a random chassis number. Its a Messerschmitt already, with possibly some history. Might not be important to you, but here its getting ever more difficult to get cars registered. Its putting people off taking on a project. Also if you want a Messerschmitt that is non standard, your looking at undergoing the DLVA system for non standard cars. I am not promoting that these cars be done non standard, but I bet there is a fair bet several will not be Sachs powered, for instance. Like the Pod, which is registered, that registration is a significant element in the value of what is on offer, because it has its ID. Gone are the days of buying a green logbook for £50.
Look at the problems of registering a San Permis car, even in mint condition, without a Cart Gris. No papers, its not a car. Unless you can prove otherwise. I am greatly amused that so few of that class of car are registered, yet the few registered ones were not bought to stay in this country. The buyers realised they could use the obtained British papers to register the cars in their country without a load of hassle. None of that ho-ha with these cars, despite their incomplete nature in comparison. I do not make the rules up.
Once sold, that is it, I have no more but the barn find cars, which are the opposite end of the budget. But only one of them is available.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 01:30:48 PM »
Got any postable pics?