Author Topic: I need help identifying a (Frisky?) engine  (Read 7657 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: I need help identifying a (Frisky?) engine
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 09:22:45 AM »
Hopefully it answered 'Villiers' question constructively, and the obvious follow up question with a reason why the answer would be a unanimous 'Dunno', or was he off topic too, because it was a Scooter unit on a MIcrocar Forum?

The UK Club system is not apparently organised enough to create a conspiracy, unless its one of silence, which might be why you did not hear about it. ;D

P.S. I have been to a few Limburg Rallies, and visited Phillipe Olivier and Alain Urlings. Phillipe was actually working in the UK at the time. For a while a few folk went over to their events, we told them about our events, some come over here. We helped Mr Cassiman with his rare Belgium original Trojan restoration. But once left to the clubs, the link fell away. I wonder if any of the 'official' sources know what clubs even exist across the channel, nearer rallies to Southerners than the majority of British events these days. Oh, there is a conspiracy for you to play with, foreign competition, often close to a Bonders heart. Alain has a Bond Scooter, sure he has a Minicar or two. I am sure Phillipe will have a set. They have DKR, Natural potential customers for a relatively local engine. Naughty peeps though they might be in thine sight for owning Bonds without permission!  :o

It was on one of those Limburg Rallies that my co attendee got caught out by an automated towel dispensing machine. It had a roll of towel. On being pulled it dispensed a section. Unbeknown it had a timer and then pulled the new used area into the discard roll. It did this trapping buds hands behind the towel, leaving him scrabbling, attached to the dispenser in a lovers grasp. Great hilarity was had at his expense. Foreign toilets, an adventure playground of fun! No camper-vans were damaged in the retelling of this amusing quip, totally and unashamedly off topic. Its a conspiracy!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Villiers

• Just Starting
Re: I need help identifying a (Frisky?) engine
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 01:42:06 PM »
Someone asked me how many gears it has, but i do not have a lever to engage the shift-shaft. Can anyone tell how many gears it has from the engine number (or maybe the casings)? 482b / 717

Here is a link with pictures: http://link.marktplaats.nl/m1059564710