Author Topic: What to YOU want from our Forum?  (Read 4084 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
What to YOU want from our Forum?
« on: February 09, 2016, 11:31:33 AM »
I am sad to see so few posts on what, not so long ago, used to be a very active and interesting site that was well worth a visit.
It was started by like minded people enthusiastic about all kinds small cars. It was welcoming, informative and helpful.  It was fun.  We were friends sharing the same weird taste in cars eager to promote our passion for these unique vehicles. Now it is being spoilt by so many comments which either ridicule or question other peoples motives or choice of vehicle rather than offer friendship and help.

I would like to see the posts that raise suspicions , engender conflict, or confuse disappear.

In few short words let us know what YOU want to see on the Forum.  Then perhaps we can make a new start.  Jean

What would you like to see on our Forum?
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
Re: What to YOU want from our Forum?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 12:34:55 PM »
For my part-
I have owned microcars since 1966 and got to know a broad spectrum of owners.
We are an eclectic bunch but to a man,helpful and friendly.
As you know last year i organised the national and when on Friday evening i felt unwell everyone rallied round and helped out.
We all have different personalities but caustic comments do not help a discussion or promote friendship.
I have supplied and received help and parts for members of this forum and enjoyed the friendly banter.
If we can think twice before a knee jerk comment then more people will comment.
I will get my coat!

eaurouge

• Occasional
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 03:53:51 PM »
For me it should all be about helping each other.. if we want the abuse and things we can just go for a drive down the middle of the road and be shouted at.

The lack of support for each other and the very quick criticism here of anything is the really bad thing that needs to stop.

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 10:08:14 PM »
Haven't had much to chat about lately, or add to threads on here, chiefly because the topics are about cars I have no knowledge or experience of.

Also I must be honest and say I get a better dialogue going with members on the BMW Isetta fan club page on facebook.

Many of the very rare micros don't throw my switch, but there seem to be enough folk here who like the more common cars. I always tended to like the big three bubbles e.g. Messerschmitt, Heinkel and Isetta, and of course owning an Isetta I will gravitate towards topics about that car, as that is the one I'm rebuilding.

If someone posts something up about the Zundapp Janus they'll have my attention, as I found that a very interesting car.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:09:59 PM by AndyL »
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 01:28:16 PM »
Well , what do I want ? Hmmm . I want a site dedicated to Vintage Unusual Microcars , not Isetta , schmitt etc. They have their own forums . I have no interest whatsover in any micros , that I can bring to mind , later than say mid 70's. I dont mind diversion into scooters, motorcycles etc under off topic . After reflection i think off topic should really be micro / motoring related . Those are my thoughts . Anyone else ?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:44:28 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 03:24:26 PM »
Bond Club don't have a gossip column

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 04:30:07 PM »
They are on facebook bond owners club
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 10:07:29 PM »
Facebook and yahoo groups are a slightly different medium to forums. They're more instant and allow people to contribute in a more concise way, but they're more difficult to search, and thus the information can be more ephemeral.

1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.