Author Topic: Three Wheelers being delivered  (Read 32010 times)

Tom Bartlett

• Just Starting
Re: Three Wheelers being delivered
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2015, 04:02:44 AM »
First post here.  I could not resist adding this photo of King Midgets (built in Athens, Ohio) being delivered. 
1959 King Midget, 1948 Crosley Midget, 1919 Briggs & Stratton MotorWheel replica

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2015, 06:56:27 AM »
Nice one Tom. Do have a larger version of your avatar photo? Would be keen to see that too!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2015, 01:03:47 PM »
The more the merrier thank you and welcome
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Tom Bartlett

• Just Starting
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2015, 03:36:52 PM »
Marcus,
About 2005 or so the manufacturer A.O. Smith published a set of blueprints of their Smith Motor Wheel on their website.  They built the little vehicle from 1915 until they sold the rights to Briggs&Stratton in 1919, who continued the run until about 1925 or 1926.  The original Smith Motor Wheel was powered by the Wall Motor Wheel (developed in England).  I decided to make an accurate replica, but using a modern engine (since I could not locate an original engine) to see how it rode and drove.  I am attaching several photos of my replica.  It has been described as a "motorized park bench"  I wrote a Wikipedia entry on the vehicle and followed with a slim book on the interesting history of the car.
1959 King Midget, 1948 Crosley Midget, 1919 Briggs & Stratton MotorWheel replica

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2015, 03:53:28 PM »
Thanks, great fun!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2015, 03:57:59 PM »
Hi Tom,
Welcome and I like your pictures. Did you attend the King Midget gathering in Warsaw Indiana this past summer? I stopped by and checked them over. Nice little cars!
1958 FriskySport

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2015, 06:09:51 PM »
It is a shame about the thread drift though on two counts . Tom here deserves his own turn in the limelight I think , anyway we had a good long run  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2015, 06:41:32 PM »
It's a shame that the pictures were not used to enhance an article in Rumcar News to help boost sales instead of people having a look for free.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2015, 06:52:11 PM »
Blimey Rob you write the article then

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2015, 07:18:33 PM »
It's a shame that the pictures were not used to enhance an article in Rumcar News to help boost sales instead of people having a look for free.
How would it boost sales if the only people who saw the photos were those who already bought the mag?

The forum is rather a different thing and, hopefully, might gather web-searchers into the awareness of microcars, leading later to some of them subscribing to the mag?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2015, 08:34:29 PM »
oops don't know what happened there , I wrote quite a long reply starting with a smiley just after the bit that did post . anyway the jist was that the WONDERFUL  :) Gordon picture that recently surfaced I suggested to Chris for a cover for next RUM . Unfortunately the picture was not useable in the mag as it wont blow up, or will badly , its too pixalated or "whateva" so all is not as straightforward as we would like  :( Actually I feel that if I were editor, God forbid, I would go for content over style on this occasion . We will probably end up with a superb photo of a restoration or a 1980's fridge because the photo's are great  ;D ;D ) - non meant  :)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2015, 08:59:52 PM »
Dear Richard

Now lets get the story straight,

You asked to have the picture on the front cover and I said that any images need to be in portrait mode to fit the page, and need to be high resolution, and should be relevant to the magazine ( No kitchen white goods).

Unfortunately the picture of the Truck with the Gordons on, is not quite front cover material, but is very usable to accompany an article. If another good images comes to light, then I will most certainly consider it.

If you remember Maurice Rogers sent in a superb photo of his Goggo alongside a hot air balloon, which was ideal front cover material. All good photographs will be considered but must be portrait and high resolution.

The defence rests its case me-lud

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2015, 09:03:22 PM »
yes Chris but I offered you a SCOOP ! where's your sense of adventure and ambition ;D

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2015, 10:26:11 PM »
Dear Richard

I shall leave you to have my share of adventure and ambition.
I do not think I would last long working as editor for one of the Tabloid Daily's.
A scoop that takes 3 months to hit the news stand is not quite a scoop, especially when it has been discussed on the forum already.

I am happy to pick up the threads and try and make a jumper out of them. But that takes time.

I look forward to publishing your next article Richard. Sounds like it could be a winner.

Chris Thomas

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2015, 06:57:53 PM »
Cream Mk1 Scootacar