Author Topic: Should it Stay or Should it Go?  (Read 17764 times)

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
Re: Should it Stay or Should it Go?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2015, 08:13:58 PM »
Have you thought this could be a great opportunity for older people to inform YOU about microcars? Perhaps..
The forum is a mine of information, you could ask questions about various marques, discuss events in Canada, did you know for instance about the ship full of Isetta's that sank on its way to your shores? Interesting.. I hadn't heard about that. I almost never see microcars mentioned in the news.
Discuss rather than plaster listings all the time. I understand, sorry.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2015, 08:40:43 PM »
That's exactly what you hear Al and if Craig is Murph he has made my case time and time again .

AL was referring to the North American website known as CRAIGSLIST
www.Craigslist.org
THAT is internet equivalent of local classifieds. 

He was not referring to MURPH making a "list"

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2015, 08:42:46 PM »
AL was referring to the North American website known as CRAIGSLIST
www.Craigslist.org
THAT is internet equivalent of local classifieds. 

He was not referring to MURPH making a "list"
Hi, Mr. Janecek,
I thought he was talking about a member named 'Craig', haha!
And yes, I do know what Craigslist is. :p

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2015, 08:51:13 PM »
also- there is a Canadian version called KIJIJI
http://www.kijiji.ca/

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2015, 08:52:11 PM »
also- there is a Canadian version called KIJIJI
http://www.kijiji.ca/
What Canadian hasn't heard of Kijiji?! :p
P.S. I'm Canadian.

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2015, 03:21:24 PM »
A few on here are very opinionated, which isn't a problem in itself but it is getting quite tiresome and scares off new members . If someone goes against this minority, i.e: fresh ideas for the Rum mag, to add electric cars, then the opinionated make their stance known of 'i will stop subscribing to the mag'. Someone post about their new purchase and derogatory pictures are posted. Now a new member posts strange and unusual vehicles for sale and it's caused a massive over reaction.
Jim went about it the correct way by pointing out to the new member that the forum does not go up to 1000 cc cars, no problem there.

I think my point is, rather than castigate people who join the forum, for what they post that doesn't conform with your narrow mind band then don't look at the section for sale. If you don't like what is printed on one page of Rum then flick past that page but please spare the rest of us from your narrow minded, opinianted and sometimes very hurtful comments. I really don't think the Rum Forum needs this!
I need to stop buying!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2015, 03:26:04 PM »
At least they are opinions ! Most ,no names mentioned , very rarely if ever post . Without some comment how do we know what members are thinking ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2015, 11:23:28 AM »
I think you and I are on the same page Ritchie. Agreed opinions should be shared, threads shared, links to E-bay items for sale, we are both in agreement. However, as you know there are a few on here who can't help themselves, if they have no interest in a car being discussed, or a post they don't like, then this mindless few make new and old forum members feel unwelcome, ridicule and deride Posts, post childish, sarcastic and hurtful comments and pictures which i know we all feel is not welcome and should not be tolerated on this forum.
How we deal with this as forum members is a difficult one, after all we are probably talking about less than a handful of people on here.
I need to stop buying!

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Polling is now closed
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2015, 04:27:34 PM »
4:1 says leave this category as-is.

So.... until those who disagree can figure out an alternative:
Anyone can continue to post their eBay finds and whatever AS IT SAYS ON THE MAIN PAGE.
Anyone who starts up again with this nonsense about "don't post eBay finds, I don't care what it says" will quickly find their posts deleted and their ability to edit their previous posts disabled.
If you have poor impulse control you should not be here chasing away new enthusiasts (and old ones).
Perhaps disabling your access to this category entirely would be useful if you can't get along without making passive-aggressive comments.

this thread is now closed to new comments.