Author Topic: Nobel Steering Wheel waanted  (Read 5432 times)

terryparkin

• Occasional
Nobel Steering Wheel waanted
« on: March 21, 2015, 11:02:42 AM »
Can anyone please help me ?

I am looking for a Nobel steering wheel, 14 inch diameter. They look the same as the 15 inch steering wheels fitted to Isettas, Heinkels, Trojans and probably some others.

All info gratefully received.

Thank you very glad.

Terry

Axiam

• Occasional
Re: Nobel Steering Wheel waanted
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 03:33:15 PM »
Will an 1" reduction really make that much difference  ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 04:16:02 PM »
I wondered if it was to allow more room for the occupant behind the wheel. It that was the case it cant be for Terry, not with his trim figure.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 06:02:53 PM »
it sounds like one of these , in which case no problem if Nobel wheels are hard to find you can look for a Bruetsch one
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 06:07:10 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Axiam

• Occasional
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 08:52:45 PM »
Are Bruetsch ones smaller again ??.  Must be to fit in a Mopetta

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 10:59:02 PM »
Mopettas ? Steering wheels ? 200 lines boy !! Bring them to me before Latin !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 09:01:21 AM »
it sounds like one of these , in which case no problem if Nobel wheels are hard to find you can look for a Bruetsch one

Another source of lucrative funds gone, selling smaller steering wheels to tubby bubbly bubbs.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

terryparkin

• Occasional
Re: Nobel Steering Wheel wanted
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 01:02:21 PM »
“I wondered if it was to allow more room for the occupant behind the wheel. It that was the case it cant be for Terry, not with his trim figure.”
Bob, it wasn’t part of the plan, it wasn’t a certainty, and it rather took me by surprise, but having exceeded my three score years and ten those days of svelte grace have alas passed, along with my miss-spent youth. ( If anyone finds my miss or my spent youth, please direct them home to me. Likewise svelte grace – I haven’t seen her for ages.) These days I am in good shape…. Round is a good shape, innit ?

“if Nobel wheels are hard to find you can look for a Bruetsch one.”
Richard, thank you for your suggestion – now why didn’t I think of that ? Is the wheel pictured available ? Is it the keyed centre hub ?

“Another source of lucrative funds gone, selling smaller steering wheels to tubby bubbly bubbs.”
Aloysius, don’t look upon it as a source gone, - look upon it as a new market discovered.

“Will 1 inch really make that much difference”
Aixam, what are Mrs Aixam’s views on that ?

Terry ( still looking for a 14" Nobel ( / Fulda ? ) steering wheel. )

1959 Isetta, 1967 Fiat 500, 1987 Harley, 1978 Gilera, 1983 Honda, 1991 Sera
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:08:00 PM by terryparkin »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 01:26:03 PM »
Sorry I just posted it as an example to show the type . It is on a key way but it's not for sale it's mine  :)

terryparkin

• Occasional
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 01:46:07 PM »
Sorry I just posted it as an example to show the type . It is on a key way but it's not for sale it's mine  :)

No worries, little Dick.
These wheels were designed and manufactured by Petri, an extinct German company. They were also fitted to very early VW Beetles and a wide selection of European small cars in various diameters and several hub fixings.

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 03:36:29 PM »
reliant regal 21e vintage ???