Author Topic: Isetta Fire Engine  (Read 3258 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Isetta Fire Engine
« on: January 29, 2015, 06:39:38 PM »
It was well past midnight in the sleepy township of Shipley, Yorkshire when a fire started inside the local chemical plant and in a blink of an eye it exploded into massive flames.

The alarm went out for all the local Fire Departments to get there without delay.

When the first Fire Fighting Appliances appeared on the scene, the chemical company President rushed to the Fire Chief in charge and said, "All our secret formulas are in the vault in the centre of the plant. They must be saved. I will give £50,000 to the Fire Crew that brings them out intact."

But the roaring flames held the Fire-Fighters back. Soon the local Radio station broadcast that more Fire Departments had been called in as the situation had become desperate. As the extra Firemen arrived, the President shouted out that the offer was now £100,000 to the Fire Crew who could rescue the company's secret files. But still the Fire Fighters could not penetrate the fierce blaze.

Then, from the distance, a lone "beep-beep" was heard as another fire truck chugged into sight. It was Ray’s red Isetta, with a ladder and brooms sticking out of the roof, buckets dangling from the rear rack and crammed inside with Ray were Keith and Graham.

To everyone's amazement, that little sparsely equipped Fire Engine roared right past all the huge sleek Fire Trucks that were parked outside the plant and without even slowing down it drove straight into the middle of the inferno.

Outside, the other firemen watched as the Isetta crew jumped out right in the middle of the fire and fought it back on all sides. It was a performance and effort the likes of which had never seen before. Within a short time, the Isettarists had extinguished the fire and had saved the secret formulas.

The grateful chemical company President promptly rushed over to personally thank each of the brave Isettarists and announced to all the assembled Radio and TV Media that for such a superhuman feat he was upping the reward to £200,000.

The local TV station caught the Thank you“ on film and interviewed soot-stained Fire Chief Ray, asking "What are you going to do with all that money?"

"Well," without hesitation Ray, the leader of the Isetta Crew replied in a smoky, croaky voice , "The first thing we’re going to do is fix the brakes on that Bloody Isetta !
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: Isetta Fire Engine
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 09:57:21 PM »
Great one Marcus. Reminds me of when I took my Progress Tourette for its first mot in '76 It was pouring down and the lad who was supposed to do the test refused to drive it so he sat beside me as I drove it around the roads. When it came to the quick braking part he yelled at me to slam on the brakes in a road full of parked cars. It soon came apparent that I hadn't checked the cable tightness and the car shot right handed across the road towards some rather expensive cars. Amazing how fast the swear words came out of his mouth. As a test failure loomed I asked for another go. I think he had his eyes closed when I tried again because he didn't say a word as I was hanging onto the steering wheel with both hands pulling the left hand side down to compensate for the right drag.  Yes, it did pass but I think this was so he didn't want to see it again.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:05:55 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 08:05:29 AM »
That joke came from Terry's Model Cars, it originally had a different car and people, but he changed it a little to please us bubblers!

It's certainly a bit better than the "Bubble car owner died in a garage because he/she could not open the front door and it had no reverse" !

Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 10:12:13 AM »
Aye, an inaccurate old joke oft told by people who are happy to do this instead!

http://youtu.be/sYNwDcj1eXE
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs