Author Topic: Get that caravan!  (Read 12278 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Get that caravan!
« on: January 29, 2015, 12:59:25 AM »
Colin Furze has been at it again. Tuk Tuk modification, with a difference. It can take on Campervan man! Bonkers.

http://youtu.be/7y93MYaTx6M
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Get that caravan!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 09:10:22 AM »
Is it just me ? It could well be - again  :) is this much different to the sort of trash that top gear put out and most of claim to dislike ?  :-\
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 09:38:45 AM »
makes Top Gear almost watchable!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 10:02:29 AM »
A  Honda 600 cc engine in a tuk tuk. Sounds interesting.

Sounds like a job for Steve Fisk

Chris Thomas

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 10:10:32 AM »
Haha I have been dreaming of these ideas ! Talking of top gear , they phoned me yesterday and want to use my peel in the top gear road show , they are having a meeting this morning to see if it's doable because I didn't want them having it for best part of a year so I want it back after each show

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:19:04 AM »
You had better get on and finish it then Steve. Hope they are paying you well.

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 10:39:48 AM »
I told them I wouldn't be able to finish it completely in time but I can make it drive, stop and look pretty , not really a lot of money but I think it will be a fun thing to do , they want to wrap it in white for the stig to drive on stage , peel engineering have only got electric ones and they want a petrol one

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 10:40:35 AM »
The difference, and I think its a big one, is Colin does all the work himself. You might not like what he does, but he gets off his spot bot and does it. Top Gear is a think tank for daft ideas, which they the commission someone else to make on a big budget, and on which they take wads of public money for TV space, and hope to sell their egos to boot. Furze is an anarchist. Top gear is a business. I am not surprised a lot of folk find this hard to understand, what with so many clubs hiding a business enterprise at the core. Microcars used to be anarchic, to a much greater degree than they are now. Its one of the things that made them interesting. 
Not only that Furze is not making fakes, kits or a copies of something, its fresh ideas in action. Thank god for the Colin Furze of this land.

I assume, therefore, that Furze project to 'Fart at France', is deemed not officially funny on this forum? I was on the floor, completely ridiculous, but brilliantly appropriate.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 11:03:05 AM »
Didn't bother watching much of it . Beginning and end that was enough . I obviously missed something hilarious about France  :-\
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 11:04:24 AM »
It would help if I had heard of him. Besides if the end results are this youtube clip I'm not interested. What else has he done?  I may regret asking that! ;D

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 11:38:06 AM »
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 11:39:50 AM by AndyL »
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 11:50:27 AM »
Just one question, WHY?

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 12:06:06 PM »
Novelty, amusement, attention seeking perhaps?

My old man says the same thing about my interest in the Isetta. Why?

He had a bubble car back in the day, because that's what was available and affordable for him at the time. He doesn't understand the appeal now, he says the cars you can get today for equivalent money are ten times better.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 12:20:55 PM »
The internet offers more information than you could ever learn. It is up to the individual to choose in which direction to look. It is not a case of being spoon fed for £150 odd a TV license, but to interact with it. I am merely pointing you to an option I find interesting, motivating and amusing. Its real, not an illusionary creation of clever dicks who probably cannot change a plug. Personally I would like a National where we could invite Furze to participate and dish the prizes out. I fear those days have long since clouded over, but I had not realised quite how out on a limb I had become. Not the it matters much. Fascinating.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 12:48:22 PM »
I have a tv and there is a lot of rubbish - which I don't watch . But golly there's a lot of rubbish online - which I also don't watch . I don't think you are out of touch Al , unfortunately you have I think dumbed down but you are in good company . I just don't see this is the place , or is it nowadays ?  :)