Author Topic: Liverpool, July 4th & 5th  (Read 9400 times)

Nimrod Cabin

• Chatty
Liverpool, July 4th & 5th
« on: January 25, 2015, 12:31:38 PM »
Do not have much detail as yet and there will be a press release next week.

What I do know is that there is an event in celebration of a Cunard anniversary and that the organiser is keen on a microcar presence and will have a separate section if enough people are interested. On the Sunday there will be road closures and a cavalcade through Liverpool is planned.

The organiser is well known down here for the South Bank and Olympic park events and there is also a tie to our Bond Morecambe Vintage event last year so I am expecting this to be high profile and professionally organised.

Does this sound interesting?? Will post the press release as soon as I have it.

Dave M take note and Richard, you have 4 months to complete the A restoration   ???
7 x Bond Minicars ABCCDDF

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Liverpool, July 4th & 5th
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 02:19:47 PM »
hmmm  :) keep in touch
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 05:06:40 PM »
Replica welcome ?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 05:29:09 PM »
I think this is really where I have a problem , an historic event with replica cars hmmm , not sure I like the idea at all . Obviously nothing to do with me on several grounds but ....
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 09:15:17 PM »
Well worth asking any way , ok I'm out , but if there's any shows my car would be welcome at this summer please let me know because I want to join in

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 11:04:23 PM »
Well, Steve, it seems to me that your car is, genuinely, micro.  And you're not trying to pass it off as a genuine Peel, so it's of interest in its own right, as something you have made.

It might not fit in with the Liverpool event (which will celebrate years gone by), but I reckon it would be welcome at the NMCR, where other "recreations" have appeared in recent years.
See: national-microcar-rally.co.uk

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 11:18:38 PM »
Steve, You are welcome at Hatton for the national rally on 3rd to 6th september. Its going to be a great weekend.

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 11:35:24 PM »
Cheers , in the diary and I'm going to be there !

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 09:25:55 AM »
Please don't take offence from me it was only my opinion and a legitimate point for discussion I think . I am looking forward to seeing it finished too  :)

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 06:30:38 PM »
No offence taken at all don't worrie

Nimrod Cabin

• Chatty
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 08:25:45 PM »
Just to keep you updated, the press release will be on the 24th of this month.

Nimrod Cabin

• Chatty
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 09:15:51 PM »
Do not have much detail as yet and there will be a press release next week.

Well, next week has taken along time to arrive, anyway it is happening and there is a microcar section being organised by Dominic Santana, have a look at the link which gives registration details and that of the event itself. The event will mainly be a static one at the Albert Dock but on the Sunday there will be a cavalcade with one representative marque of each microcar invited to take part. Spaces are limited so if you are interested in going I suggest you register you vehicle via the link ASAP as the organiser will make the decisions.
Sounds as though it will be pretty good as part of the Cunard 175 celebrations.

https://www.cultureliverpool.co.uk/one-magnificent-city/transatlantic-175-vintage-on-the-docks-classic-car-cavalcade/

I have noticed this clashes with the Bath Microcar Rally which is unfortunate, I do hope this will not affect attendance there by much.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 03:26:08 PM »
Any idea whose attending Nick ? We could hold open house over the weekend and there's a very nice camper park just a few miles away ,Wirral's a lovely place

Nimrod Cabin

• Chatty
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 09:03:01 PM »
Richard

That is an interesting thought and very good of you, I reckon we should know more about numbers in a couple of weeks or so.

Cheers

Nick

Nimrod Cabin

• Chatty
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2015, 09:38:52 AM »
I do not know whether any of you have tried registering through the website but there is a glitch it seems, if you have then please PM me and I will inform the organiser.