Author Topic: spotted a Zest!  (Read 8459 times)

AMAM

• Just Starting
spotted a Zest!
« on: November 21, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »
Spotted this at the NEC birmingham,

think its a great little microcar, would love to buy one but dont think they import them anymore  :-\

anyone on here ever owned or driven one?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: spotted a Zest!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 06:04:33 PM »
never seen one before , in which way is this a microcar ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

AMAM

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 06:35:57 PM »
underneath its basically a microcar mc1/2

so 505cc twin engine, a acrea zest its called

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 08:21:09 PM »
Not bad looking for a modern micro, but I would prefer any two other colours than Noddy's!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 08:34:56 PM »
Wouldn't fancy it much if it started precipitating. Think that's a car better suited to sunnier climes.

Andy
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 09:18:03 PM »
Years ago I had an MG Midget and had the roof down even in the middle of winter when it was not raining or snowing hard, loved it.

Most precipitation gets blown over the screen once you're doing more than 10 or 15 mph, and if you get stuck at a level crossing you just open an umbrella! However, if the precipitation starts coming down hard then the roof goes up in a few seconds. Without any roof, and with a very shallow windscreen, like a Zest,  you are indeed going to get uncomfortable fairly regularly in our climate!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 10:13:35 PM »
Not bad looking for a modern micro, but I would prefer any two other colours than Noddy's!

Two tone green, Nuddy
Two tone red, Ruddy
White and red, Ploddy
Pink and, eer, pink, Snoggy

I could go on.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 10:15:10 PM »
Is the Zest made from the left overs of a Peel restoration? Great!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 10:25:16 PM »
Dear AmAm

Drove one many years ago when they first came out and I did a report for Rumcar News  Issue 93.

Very well made and designed and went quite well. I think about 5 were sold in the UK.

Good fun if you can find one.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

AMAM

• Just Starting
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 10:26:39 AM »

Two tone green, Nuddy
Two tone red, Ruddy
White and red, Ploddy
Pink and, eer, pink, Snoggy

I could go on.

dont think it look that bad in standard colours

AMAM

• Just Starting
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 10:28:45 AM »
Dear AmAm

Drove one many years ago when they first came out and I did a report for Rumcar News  Issue 93.

Very well made and designed and went quite well. I think about 5 were sold in the UK.

Good fun if you can find one.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

thanks for that, i didnt think that many were sold, Qdos cars seemed to be only UK importer

ive only driven microcars and aixams, on specification seems to be same mechanically, least it looks interesting and funky 

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 11:18:59 AM »
So which models are the best of the three Microcar, Axiam and Lieger ranges? I have a chubby buddy who is just thinking of investing in one next spring. The Ambra I had, think its the remaining one at the Bubblecar Museum actually, did not impress me, but your talking of Tubsworth Twopersons and my criteria. I had a choice, and I chose Harry the Schmitt. Someone else's more experienced views would be more valuable. Unlike much, these are clearly modern Microcars, so we can talk about them.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 02:47:11 PM »
At 505cc, an interesting modern micro, especially as it is apparently well made.
However, the doorless green and white one pictured looks too hodgepodge  and nearly nauseating in that color scheme.
The inclusion of doors and  lay out of the color scheme of the silver and white one with blue accents goes a long way towards unifying the otherwise disparate design elements into an acceptably ascetic presentation.
Kudos to the artist that came up with those saving graces.

But why does the seat belted and over sized stuffed bear need the support of blanket(s)/ pillow(s), both below and behind it?

fuoriserie

• Occasional
    • fuoriserieDesign
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 09:12:14 AM »
http://www.qdoscars.co.uk/

Is the UK importer for the Acrea Zest

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 01:25:24 PM »
If they have the same transmission as Microcar and Ligier etc its not a very strong drive train, notorious for breaking, this happend to mine so I speak with some experience.
Funny enough the guy who first set up this website for Jean was an owner of a Zest. He lost interest in micocars and disappeared off the scene.   Maybe his Zest put him off?

Notice I resisted saying lost the Zest for microcars! Ooops said it! ;D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:10:32 PM by Bob Purton »