Author Topic: Invacar Wanted, Found and Being Restored  (Read 21542 times)

Fraz13

• Occasional
Invacar Wanted, Found and Being Restored
« on: October 22, 2014, 11:35:02 AM »
Hi, I found your forum after dealing with a really nice guy who told me he had a few micro cars which I was very interested in, he told me there was a forum so I went looking as I am looking for an AC or Thundersley Model 70 Invacar.

I am disabled myself but that's not the reason, I've just always loved them as a family friend was the local repairer of them when I was a kid

I'd like one that's registered so can be used on the road but condition not that important as long as its complete.

I understand these are quite hard to find but hopefully I'm in the right place to source one

Cheers Fraser

« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:19:49 PM by Fraz13 »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Invacar
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 01:13:49 PM »
There are some Mk12 variants left here. Price depends on condition but starts at £600. Being sold in the UK for the owner, who lives abroad. V5 would need to be applied for, but I do not see a big problem with that and it can be included in the deal if its a worry.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Fraz13

• Occasional
Re: Invacar Wanted
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 01:36:28 PM »
Hi Big Al

I should have said its a Model 70 I really want, However can you show me some pics of MK12's?

Cheers Fraser

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 06:25:34 PM »
Not sure this is really the correct place to fill with space eating images. Also I have not got much in the way of pictures as all these cars are work in progress and thus a picture freezes their development. I do not really do the picture thing. If fo9lk are interested they tend to pop round.

ICR is the place really, but its on clockwork Internet and suffers downtime. There are pics of Mk12 on the web.

Not sure I want to sell my good Type 70. They are appreciating well. Maybe an offer might change my mind.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Fraz13

• Occasional
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 07:13:28 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I would pop round but your nearly 400 miles away so quite a trip. I have no problems travelling to buy something I have seen, but I feel 800 miles that I may come home empty handed is a bit too far.

As for your Type 70, its what I want, again I couldn't offer as I haven't seen it, Is it registered for the road? What's the condition like? Does it run and drive? Does it need anything? and instead of upsetting people I'd rather you had a idea on price.

Fraz13

• Occasional
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 12:10:40 PM »
Still looking, Any coming up for sale?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 09:06:46 AM »
One on eBay now, I think.

Fraz13

• Occasional
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 11:13:20 AM »
Yes there is but I want a complete running driving car and don't want the other 2. Thanks for the heads up.

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 06:10:28 PM »
So who bought the cars? My guess is Barry Lee.
I need to stop buying!

Fraz13

• Occasional
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 11:08:58 AM »
Anyone needing cash for Xmas want to sell their Model 70, I cave some cash burning a hole here!

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 11:24:43 AM »

Not Guilty.

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 04:17:27 PM »

My Mk D has a 11E ex invicar engine , fitted 250 pot and 4 speed std ratio box with kick starter , and other mods to the gearing ,
so that's where two 11E's ended up , the other is a complete unit on the shelf , great engines most had done low mileage .

Fraz13

• Occasional
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »
Invacar found, I am a happy bunny, Cheers Stuart for your help. I have sent a quick email.

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 07:24:06 PM »
Well done , you have to put some pictures up now !

Fraz13

• Occasional
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 03:18:12 PM »
I picked it up last Friday, Its a great wee runner, starts, drives and stops, everything works. The body was straight but the paint had lots of cracking but the fibreglass is fine. Only one split. The paint is also covered in blisters, looks like its been painted badly. Whoever painted it also painted the window rubbers as well as aluminium gutters and other rubber seals. So first job is to strip the paint and clean the rubbers up. New paint and build it back up and it'll be good to go hopefully.