Author Topic: Excelsior type Siba NOS dynostart  (Read 5524 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Excelsior type Siba NOS dynostart
« on: August 30, 2014, 07:57:38 AM »
From the same source as the Villiers 11E is a boxed new old stock stator and what I think is a very good but once fitted flywheel plus NOS points backplate for an Excelsior twin. Not sure if that all fits an Anzani as well. The outer ali casting is with this, which I recognize from an Excelsior, so it is nigh on a whole spare dynostarter. There is a second flywheel that is definitely used. I have no Execlsior cars so this is surplus.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Excelsior type Siba NOS dynostart
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 09:13:32 AM »
i thought you still had a Frisky al ? the Excelsior 328cc twin was listed as an option on most models i think - not sure if any were so fitted
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 10:49:42 AM »
No, Frisky and Scootacar both gone, sadly. The clearance of cars continues, but some things are  more popular than others. Pod 3 will be with its new owner next week, and I get to play on the navigable part of the Wilts and Berks canal for a day for delivering it. Another machine is delivered next week. The Shopper is under serious offer having got it going. If I can get the DKW engine working that entire project can go for the right sort of money. Several Messerschmitt will be going up for grabs soon, even. None micro-ish the Reliant Mk 5 saloon can be made available soon, still needs and engine and front seats. Likewise Velorex, Pod 1 and Ducati Commutacar thingy, but I expect those to go abroad.

So getting more stuff was not part of the plan, but, hey, if it comes up how can you resist. Like the last KR200, no need of it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 09:41:21 PM »
The excelsior engine was fitted as standard only to the Mk2 Frisky Family Three where the Villiers 3T was the optional extra. all the others had Villiers engines with the possible exception of The Prince that had whatever was left on the shelf!
see http://www.meadowsfrisky.co.uk/page12.htm  for more info

John

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 10:21:47 PM »
ok  john but the brochures i sold last week had  the excelsior 328cc option for family three and sport and standard on the prince
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:45:59 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 10:50:33 PM »
back to the dynastart al - pics of the 328 Excelsior i have on ebay - same dyno ?

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 10:01:14 PM »
Hi Richard
The Frisky Family Three offered by Middlesbrough was a Mk2 with dubonnet suspension that as I said had Excelsior right from the start with the Villiers 3T offered as an option. Middlesbrough did not offer a FriskySport soft top the car in the brochure labeled as a Sport is in fact a Coupe. It looks like they had a load of Excelsiors they wanted to unload . The brochure is November 1960 and by then the Petbow deal was well under way and a couple of months later Petbow took over so the Middlesbrough phase of Frisky  life was very short
John
PS I am sure the John Marshall you mentioned previously is actually our good friend Tony , and I have have already chatted about the few discrepancy's Frisky wise in his excellent book "More MIcrocars"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 11:52:26 PM »
Indeed the dynostarter looks the same as this. In effect its fitted inside out to a Villiers or Sachs.

John Marshall exists and lives near Tattershall, ex RAF and Heinkel, Schmitt, NSU, Goggo. But in this case I agree, I think it is probably Tony Marshall, of which there were/are two, with the other up in Cleveland?