Author Topic: Gordon Van  (Read 2473 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Gordon Van
« on: August 18, 2014, 04:23:23 PM »
The catalogue for the 1954 Cycle and Motor Cycle show has an intriguing line or two about the Vernon's stand. Has anyone else ever come across a mention of the Gordon Tradesman's Van?
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Gordon Van
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 06:20:18 PM »
Well Malcolm ran this one past me first and it's news to me , I have to assume the idea went nowhere but ..... One of my real loves is sign written small commercials !! Now I wonder hmmm , something along the lines of a Bond Minicar van ? I could do that , it would not mean spoiling the original and the van capacity of 25 cu ft gives the dimensions . Ideas on a postcard please
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 08:59:54 PM »
Do a second Gordon if there are enough bits left over? As you say small commercials are fun and popular. You might get a bit of a deal together with a local firm, Vernon's......., who can use it for marketing for splitting the budget with you, solving a potential parking/storage issue.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 09:37:43 PM »
Vernons pools are no more al but I do know a long established business from within 3 miles of the Gordon factory - our family business ! Not really suitable though - Civil Engineers don't have much use for lightweight vans
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 10:51:59 AM »
Del Boy Trotter father's van? No, no, please do not do that!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs