Author Topic: Friskysport - seen from a new angle  (Read 7938 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Friskysport - seen from a new angle
« on: August 16, 2014, 05:10:09 PM »
I have never seen a Frisky from this angle - lovely  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
Re: Friskysport - seen from a new angle
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 04:03:26 PM »
Hi Richard
Thats not a FriskySport its a Frisky Family Three that has had the roof removed and Frisky Sport screen and hood grafted on.

Its very well done, but now neither one thing or the other. No longer a Family Three and not a FriskySport.

I know its up to people to do as they want with their cars but with so few left it seems a shame to use such a rare  car to create a "special", Very pretty but not a FriskySport.

John
www.meadowsfrisky .co.uk

messyman

• messerschmitt kr200, frisky, isetta 300
  • Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 04:18:29 PM »
very nice vehicle agreed with nice colour too but I agree as im an enthusiast for an original spec machine to keep its original heritage .. but do like to see these types of vehicles on the road to show history
messyman restorator of rust relics vw or bubblecars
www.vw-specials.forumotion.com
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 04:49:43 PM »
thanks John as you know I dont know my Friskys  ;) anyway lovely looking car , the colour and for me just the camera height was a bit different
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 05:53:49 PM »
Is this the Canadian 3 wheeler that was done to a high, but questionably  guided standard, by the Italian fellow in Canada that I got my real Sport from?

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 10:36:37 PM »
Here is a different angle, our Sport next to a 2015 Jaguar at a local Britidh Car Show.
1958 FriskySport

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 10:38:15 PM »
I don't think so didn't you get your Sport project from the automobile writer Norm Mort?

John

Ps could you sort out Ray for the dubonnet friction plates

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 11:10:55 PM »
here'a different angle  of my Frisky Coupe !!!!![/URL]

john

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 05:24:19 AM »
I don't think so didn't you get your Sport project from the automobile writer Norm Mort?

John

Ps could you sort out Ray for the dubonnet friction plates
I thought that Norm was a friend of his that was some how acting in an intermediary capacity.
Thanks, I already received the excellent reproduction friction shocks for my Sport.

Now that I have returned victorious from the Concourse DE Lemons, I will return to my FF3 project.
This means that I will need Mini shocks to replace the less than satisfactory stock front units. Exactly which ones am I looking for?
Do you know of a good source for these?

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 06:34:29 AM »
Steve,
Your front suspension has already been modified,

If you want to do it again full details can be found in Frisky Family Three "tech Misc" page 5.

John

PS Sorry about the size of that photo of my Coupe I haven't quite got the hang of posting photos yet!!!!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 08:53:04 AM »
Looking at the chassis picture, specifically the front of it, and you can see the temptation of using an Isetta Chassis in the absence of the real one. The form is of a generally similar shape, 10 inch wheels and so on. Yet in fact just about anything that can be different, is. Anything can be done but a source of Meadows approved Chassis would be rather handy.

Are Mini dampers correct spec for use on a Frisky? They are designed for Moulton rubber suspension and damp on the extension of the damper, like a Messerschmitt damper. Surely only a double damping unit will work on a Frisky, which needs the damping on compression of the damper.   
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 09:57:35 AM »
Perhaps that explains the symptom that induces my intention of correction.
That being that even upon accepting just a 175 lb weight whilst the car is not rolling- either front corner of the car can be seen and felt to droop suddenly, and seemingly without resistance, and then show no subsequent tendency  to recover normal ride height.
I am so glad to have the resources of John and Al available here for helping resolve this.
This is one of  the best examples of what a good forum can provide. :)

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 07:55:15 PM »
Steve
Mini shocks work just fine on the Mk1 Family Three, if you want to do them again heres the info but I would be inclined to leave well alone

The original Family three front shock absorbers did not work they lock up after only a short mileage it is  recommended that they are replaced with the following components-----

The front shock absorbers,  part number  QAH127093 S-ABS Mini. Can obtained from motor factors Davmac Spares Ltd of Nottingham  (Tel 0115970 3222)  They do two shocks under the same part number one is imperial and the other metric. It is important that you get the 1.5 inch dia imperial ones the metric are too wide and will not fit.
The rods will have to be modified to suit the Frisky. The rod will be too long and will need shortening to match the old shocks and the thread extended by the same amount up the rod.

The front springs to go with these shock absorbers are  Ref No G6119 Frisky Spring (D124/11)and  are made  at Springcoil Ltd  Sheffield Tel. 0114 273 1111

The original units were Armstrong  AT6/7 S.6187 Type C (with minor mods)

Note -- do not force open the alloy cups as they will crack likewise do not over tighten then or they will crack.

Ok thats your Sunday afternoon sorted

John
www.meadowsfrisky.co.uk

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 08:55:38 PM »
Might be they are double acting units, some more expensive ones were. They will a still dampen even if one way, but not on the initial impact. The damper should not prevent the spring from regaining its ride height either way. But poor alignment, the problem at the beginning of the mod, would. Sounds like at least a check over is warrented.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

messyman

• messerschmitt kr200, frisky, isetta 300
  • Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 11:33:55 PM »
I think the topic of this thread has probably jumped slightly off course here moving from frisky sport  to mini shocks and frisky chassis 
messyman restorator of rust relics vw or bubblecars
www.vw-specials.forumotion.com
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175