Author Topic: Roll on MOT exemption  (Read 2959 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Roll on MOT exemption
« on: July 23, 2014, 02:07:01 PM »
Has anyone read about the EU directive to start a 30 year roll on MOT exemption for classic vehicle?
Please mention it if I asked this last week wont you! ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Roll on MOT exemption
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 02:13:40 PM »
I think it would be really bad idea and I don't think I am alone . On this I am unanimous  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 02:17:23 PM »
I did not recall the photo you re-posted and don't recall you posting this before, but then again my memory is not what it used to cabbage BE.

When I had Grotbag (Velorex) and DUF (Trojan) I actually welcomed the annual check by a fresh pair of eyes. If/when I get another classic I probably will take it for an annual check even if it is not mandatory.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 02:25:37 PM »
I guess some will abuse it.
It would suit me though as I keep my cars up to scratch anyway. The only thing I get from an annual MOT test is damage to the car somewhere or an other!

Richard, you don't need to worry, this only applies to cars that work. ;)

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 05:34:55 PM »
It would suit me though as I keep my cars up to scratch anyway.

I like to think I do the same with the one pre-1960 car I have, but I worry that, if ever I do have an accident, I have nothing to show that.

I could send it for MoT, but will the tester test it by "pre-1960" standards, when there is now no longer a requirement for such cars to have a test?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 05:37:22 PM »
Good point Dave. few garages do MOTs on 3 wheelers nowadays and that seems another good reason to support the few that do. "You don't know what you've got till it's gone" !
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 07:40:39 PM »
I can't wait for rolling 30 year MOT exception. My nearest class 3 MOT station is 25 miles away and to be honest they really can't be bothered with 3 wheel cars. I know an MOT is all about the tester opinion on some things, i put my  cars into a normal MOT station, get them to check it over, then send it to the class 3 garage and it always comes back with fails. On 99% of the fails nobody can understand why!
I will keep my car up to good standard without having to get someone not interested to waste my money.
I need to stop buying!

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 10:11:26 PM »
then send it to the class 3 garage and it always comes back with fails. On 99% of the fails nobody can understand why!

Any examples of failures??

Out of curiosity.

I also dislike the MOT exemption ruling, and having just bought an exempt car, I will be going right through it.
yup yup rabbit yup yup yup rabbit rabbit bunny jabber yup rabbit bunny yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup bunny jabber rabbit