Author Topic: lep light  (Read 20736 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
lep light
« on: April 02, 2014, 07:01:52 PM »
no not one of THOSE lep lights  ;) i have just bought one of these on ebay , for the Gordon , and am looking for another . PLEASE anyone ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: lep light
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 07:54:10 PM »
now this is why i will never make money on buying and selling ! entirely coincidentally i have seen and bought 7 ! more lenses that came up on ebay at the same time , different seller . i need a pair and a spare , another Gordon owner i know needs at least one lens . I now have 4 extras !! not very business like . One day Gordons may be restored to a high standard - you never know  :D so i have 4 to shift . i wonder are they fitted to anything else , i rather doubt it as more an aftermarket job i think . - just thought ! They would look great on a 50's /60's sidecar !
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:24:19 AM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 01:49:28 PM »
and no Bob i don't mind being the only one interested - i am just trying to educate you all  :D i have been looking for these , on and off , for 15 years - the Gordon spares scheme didn't have any in stock - THEY DO NOW ! ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 02:01:16 PM »
Was that addressed to Rob or Bob as you call us both Bob? Seeking of part for unusual microcars is right up my alley!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 03:56:05 PM »
well Bob i do admit to making the OCCASIONAL mistake you will i hope forgive me . i do hope Rob doesn't mind but for many many years i knew him as BOB see copy signatures from when we were liasing on the Gordon restoration ( hope you don't mind Rob  :) )

You Bob P have often commented on my nerdy back lights issues , probably quite rightly  :)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 05:04:33 PM »
Cor, those signatures will be worth a fortune in years to come.  ;D

I've just realised what those lights were for. In days of yore they were fitted on the off side of the car when parked up over night on the road. The car had to be parked the 'right way round' in the flow of the traffic with a light on all night. You could also get ones that clipped over the offside door glass. I had one on my Austin A30. The police would soon knock on your door if you weren't lit up. Now cars are parked all over the road and no one bothers.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 05:14:11 PM »
and in case any youngster wonders what the daft old buggers talking about - he's talking of these - and i appear to be the one of the only people who always parks at night the correct , and legal , way  :)

in the case of Gordons , and motorcycle sidecars , they were fixtures rather than a nightime clip on

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 07:14:39 PM »
Out of curiosity where does the name lep light come from?  Is it initials for something or a manufacturer's name.  But more importantly should my example have one? If it should I will be your first paying  customer at the Gordon Spares Department please.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 07:34:44 PM »
L E PERRY I believe Jean they made the wiper motors in Gordons, Scootacars , Peels and some Bonds . The Headlamps for Gordons and Bond C's and D's .Possibly the backlights for Bond A's and B's etc. and general after market accessories I think .
Jean your Bond still needs wiring to be made up as well as correct headlamps , backlights and other items - glad to know you had the seats made recently from my unused set I sent down to you . I spend ages , years indeed finding the correct bits and pieces and some spares are accumulating but i still have no spare sidelamp holders , only the lenses, when i get some hopefully at Beaulieu this year i will let you know - but there will be a price to pay unfortunately . 
p.s. i believe i may have full or part sets of Gordon back lights , which you need , but all this depends on whether you feel the need to have things correct and complete or " near enough " the latter would undoubtably be cheaper - seek advice elsewhere I think  ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:44:29 PM by richard »

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 01:48:15 PM »
My GORDON  (I don't have a Bond!) I know needs amongst other things a wiring loom and front lights.  I suppose I should be purist after all Rob Dobie's hard work, on the other hand with so many cars to lick in to shape I am not sure I can afford to be, but I am willing to take advice on this.  I hope one day you will be able drop in and see us when you are down South sometime. Jean
Jean

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »
I am looking forward to it, unfortunately you are so far away . When is the next open day ? Every day I see items for sale for the GORDON ( that I also needed) but its not my problem  :) apart from previously mentioned items there are - rectifier, floor dip switch ,horn, air filter, stop lamp switch , internal /external mirrors , battery etc. Etc. Etc

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 02:04:39 PM »
Where are the sidelights fitted on a Gordon? I thought they were in the headlight bowl

Isn't Le Perry a pear wine made in France?

and I think L E PHANT makes bellows and trumpets.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 02:15:31 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 02:53:29 PM »
The car had to be parked the 'right way round' in the flow of the traffic with a light on all night.
Now cars are parked all over the road and no one bothers.

They went and changed the rules many years ago, just to catch you out:

You MUST NOT park on a road at night facing against the direction of the traffic flow unless in a recognised parking space.
All vehicles MUST display parking lights when parked on a road or a lay-by on a road with a speed limit greater than 30 mph (48 km/h).

Though you would be entitled to complain of a lax application of the description "recognised parking space".

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »
i thought perhaps something must have changed perhaps as our car/ motorcycle lights and reflectors are so much better nowadays - thanks .
Gordon sidelights , well on Nick Taylors they are down at the front of the bonnet on Gordon Fitzgeralds and " dorset Gordon " they are in the screen pillars and indeed as mine was when owned by The Surrey Microcar Collection then painted red . 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:41:43 PM by richard »

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 06:57:45 PM »
Richard, our Open Day is Sunday 27th July this year.   Once you are at Beaulieu you are not that far away from us!  Jean
Jean