Author Topic: ex-Weiner auction LHD Bond A  (Read 8391 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
ex-Weiner auction LHD Bond A
« on: August 05, 2013, 06:25:21 PM »
A young man in America  by the name of Mark , a Forum watcher, has been in touch via the forum pm system. He bought the stripped ally LHD 1949 Bond Mk A from the RM auction. We Mk A owners are few and far between and LHD rarer still , I intend helping him find some missing bits. I will also encourage him to contact Alistair at RUM .The car is original and certainly has U.S. Paperwork dating way back. To those interested its A/12/347 ken weger in america also has A/12/361 - very close in numbers and I imagine exported together - I still wonder if mine ,made 2 months earlier , was a demo as it came back to the uk a year or so later.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 05:50:30 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bobbydog

• Chatty
Re: ex-Weiner auction LHD Bond A
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 05:37:15 PM »
So, you are interested in parting with rare british items to the states then, and you to,d me you didn't do it, shame on you

messerschmitt

• Chatty
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 05:42:55 PM »
So, you are interested in parting with rare british items to the states then, and you to,d me you didn't do it, shame on you

could you kindly put a sock in it, please. It's boring now.

The difference is helping get something back restored rather than doing it purely for profit.

I get it. You perhaps don't.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 07:13:58 PM »
The car was exported in 1949 by the factory yes I may be able to find a pair of raydyot headlamps - fitted on many cars/ tractors in the old days - guilty m'lud
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 08:16:28 PM »

BOND started it in the first place back in 1949!
 ::)