Author Topic: Bond Trailer Tent  (Read 1440 times)

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Bond Trailer Tent
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 07:57:25 PM »
interesting - have seen a couple before but this seems too dear to me . incidentally Bond Bug trailer tent - i dont think so !! as mentioned in the ad this is from some years before the Bugs were even thought of . yes built by Bond but a complete mis-match stylewise with a Bug . this type of primitive design owes more stylistically to the 50's than the later design of the Bug . i like them both - but not together  :-\
1949 Bond Minicar MK A LHD , 1954 Gordon , 1956 Bruetsch Pfeil , 1964 Bond MK G Tourer project

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 10:43:36 PM »
Looks like a nice microcar museum in the background.

http://www.vehikelsammlung.de/

Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 07:12:06 AM »
I thought it was Bert Grimmer's mobile trade stand, does rubber mouldings for many machines, behind the Bug.

Considering the difference of era and designer it is surprising how well the two branded items go together, I think. Really there is little common ground but the name. The colour coding helps of course. A Bug would not like right towing one of the snail shell caravans, of which there are replicas. Not convinced the rigid folding jobs would suit either. A Freedom would.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Vellam Isetta, Fiat Jolly, Peels, Bamby, AC Mk12C & Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod 1, Reliant Mk5, Bianchina Cabriolet
MG ZB Varitone, Wolseley 4/44, Borgwards, Saab 96s, Bellamy trials, Isuzu Trooper, Citroen BX 14E, 16TRS Auto, 17TZD Est & Sal, GTI 16V