Author Topic: Coys at Blenheim Palace  (Read 77799 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Coys at Blenheim Palace
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2012, 08:45:23 AM »
Does anybody know of who got the cars ??

Grant confirmed that it would seem, other than those indicated, all winning bids were accepted. So my cynicism with auction results is unfounded. Makes a change, is all I can say. If you feel I am unfair then why did a Jag go through twice?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2012, 06:58:38 PM »
The story I heard was that the owner turned up at Jeans and registered the car with RUM but he was in the middle of a house move at the time, that was the last anyone heard from the chap. Just think, it could still be languishing in a shed out there unappreciated!

What about the one in Devon.
That was the same one it moved from Devon to Kent.  I have a current email address for the man that did own it but he never reponds.   Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
I hope it managed to get all together again. Perhaps we will not know until it reappears.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2012, 10:05:49 AM »

Basket case

• Chatty
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2012, 10:22:37 PM »
Anybody know if the KR175 is still in the country?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2012, 06:18:42 AM »
...and here's the red Isetta which didn't sell at Coys. No comment on the Buy It Now price!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Isetta-Bubble-Car-RHD-1961-Tax-MOT-Great-Investment-Great-Fun-/230827705782?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35be6745b6

Its not Thumper is it? Bob's time is expensive, you know, so £20k is a snip for his thorough efforts. Free cabbage or two, well home made sauerkraut actually, for a quick sale. That will get the Tourette bought and enough left over for a shandy or two. It all makes sense when you make it up.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2012, 08:51:08 AM »
HO Ho I wish!!
25K sound like a lot of money for an Isetta, especially for one that doesn't even have its original floor but some appear to be making this kind of money over the colonial side of the pond on a regular basis. I agree, it could be Thumper only its RHD.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2012, 07:27:01 AM »
I here tell, on good spy networking intelligence, that American TV car restorer Wayne Carini was at the Coys auction, where the 9 microcars were offered for sale, with his clipboard and crew. Do those who attended the auction wish to tell us anything?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2012, 07:35:20 AM »
Well Jimmy Saville's yellow Isetta made £22,000 a couple of days ago.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2012, 09:14:09 AM »
Thats puts two Waynes in the frame then!
I guess Wayne Carini would have been there anyway for the big cars.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2012, 08:06:22 AM »
Thats puts two Waynes in the frame then!
I guess Wayne Carini would have been there anyway for the big cars.

Wayne's World perhaps! Time will tell.

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2012, 02:57:38 PM »
Forgot to say I took around 80 photos of details (lights, dashboards, door handles, etc.) on the rarer microcars at Coys before they disappear in a private collection. These may be a reference for a restorer, although of course I don't know how original all the parts were. One interesting aspect was that most cars looked fairly original and (apart from the Isettas) appeared not to have undergone recent restoration.

Too much to post on here but happy to send to interested parties.
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2012, 10:11:57 PM »
I still have the original photos and negatives I took in 1975 when I came across the Jaguar Red Peel P50 in as found in my home village, in a dirt covered blue. Some with the first and original lady buyer/owner. Bought it for £10. Also have pictures and negs. of the Tourette as delivered to my home in 1976. Swapped a Panther 100 and D/A sidecar for it.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2012, 10:15:10 PM »
really do think someone should try and archive things like this for the future - Rob  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2015, 08:45:27 AM »
The Goldsworthy KR175 has moved on for what seems a rather good price for the buyer, less than the hammer price, after the winning bidder at the auction passed away. It joins a collection of cars in the UK.