Author Topic: Coys at Blenheim Palace  (Read 77798 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Coys at Blenheim Palace
« on: June 29, 2012, 11:41:20 AM »
To all you budding collectors with deep pockets

A very rare collection of Microcars will be coming up for auction on 14 July at Blenheim Palace, oxfordshire. Amongst the Rolls Royces, and other classics there will be the following cars: -

Brutsch Mopetta (original and not a copy)
Peel P50 (original and not a copy)
Peel P50 Prototype (original and not a copy)
Messerschmitt KR175
Peel Trident (original and not a copy)
Scootacar
Tourette (as seen in RCN)
Rytecraft
Pashley Portland (as seen in RCN)

Even if you do not have the funds to buy one, just going to see them before they disppear into somebody elses collection will be worth going to the auction.

I understand there is world wide interest on these items, so it will be interesting to see what they sell for.

Happy bidding

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: Coys at Blenheim Palace
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:53:15 PM »
Here's two of them when I owned them in 1976/7.  The red Peel is the one up for auction and the Tourette.
The blue Peel EME is the one everybody has seen with Clarkson sodding about with it at the BBC.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:57:02 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »
it would be good if someone who attends the sale takes some good reference photos of trim , equipment dash interior etc. - if these end up abroad then at least future restorers  would have some reference points . with 3 of my projects there is no photo of seats ,dash , knobs n things as far as i know . most photos taken seem to always be the 3/4 front view - almost never the back 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 05:04:17 PM »
HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!

How did half my text come out in blue? when it was all typed in black. It must be the cyber men again.

Chris Thomas

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 05:34:45 PM »
 I'll be there if I'm not in France. I'll reveal Ive got my eye on one or two things, including the 1933 Rolls Royce 20/25 pick-up.....  :o

There's also a Coronet & Isetta in the sale too.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:37:28 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 06:24:21 PM »
These are Malcolm Goldsworthy's cars that were previously discussed here:

http://www.rumcars.org/forum/index.php?topic=3289

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 06:35:04 PM »
I've just remembered something funny from back in 1976 when 'restoring' MHX.  I fitted NSU Quickly rings to the piston when I couldn't get the proper ones. I needed some canvas to repair the seat back, so to save money I used a new GPO mail sack to strengthen it up. Oh, yes, I hope the new owner, if there is to be one, doesn't take off the plastic corner bumpers because they will find lots of old half pennies with holes drilled in them being used as washers as it was Sunday, when the shops were closed. Also here's a picture of the rear showing how far out the rear wheel and frame was fitted from new. I had to redrill new fixing holes in the floor on the off side as they were two inches out. No wonder the lady who bought it new turned it over on her first outing never to drive it again.  Oh dear, I hope the new buyer/owner doesn't read the forum.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:36:38 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »
praps THATS why they never show a rearview  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 07:33:40 PM »
There's a link to Coy's catalogue here. Page 4 is where the microcars are at.

http://www.coys.co.uk/auction.php?auctionID=24&lots=1
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 09:19:51 PM »
HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!

How did half my text come out in blue? when it was all typed in black. It must be the cyber men again.

Chris Thomas

It could tell you were cursing under your breath as your pennies were less likely to stretch to a purchase! So now we know you want a Scootacar or a Tourette judging by your text.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 09:51:11 AM »
I'm suprised about the estimates...

Surely the 175 would be worth more? It looks nice original condition! Not sure about the aluminium on the rear of the right wing though!

Dome looks OK for an orignal, and paint looks quite good for the year! (if original).

Wouldn't it be worth nearer 10k?

Also I thought the P50 prototype would be worth more... I guess the normal one would be worth more than the prototype, because its the "popular" one, but only 2 prototypes are surviving!

Time to get a summer job to attend the auction ;)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 11:24:10 AM »
those prices are there to tempt you in jonathan  ;) 

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 12:21:51 PM »
i believe this is malcolm goldsworthy with said mopetta . absolutely perfect and driveable  :)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 02:20:12 PM »
 Ah, but bear in mind Richard, that series of photos was taken 25 years ago at the shooting of the August 1987 Classic & Sportscar magazine “Small Fry” microcar group test at Bruntingthorpe Proving Grounds, Leicester. Several of the same photos have been used many times since in many different publications.  Mind you, the Mopetta seemed to go alright at the Celebration weekend in 2009. Once our Andy persuaded it to start....   :)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 09:36:40 PM »
Ah, but bear in mind Richard, that series of photos was taken 25 years ago at the shooting of the August 1987 Classic & Sportscar magazine “Small Fry” microcar group test at Bruntingthorpe Proving Grounds, Leicester. Several of the same photos have been used many times since in many different publications.  Mind you, the Mopetta seemed to go alright at the Celebration weekend in 2009. Once our Andy persuaded it to start....   :)

I spot a gordon and scootacar in the back ;)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi