Author Topic: RUMCAR NEWS 112  (Read 20831 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: RUMCAR NEWS 112
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2012, 08:05:25 AM »
i have many intersts including art deco but i dont talk of them on RUM site - why is there no smiley face sticking outs its tongue and going NAAAAH ! thats the one i'm looking for  :)

I agree, Mind you Jonners is into Art Lego so you have competition.

Would the initial production have required commodities, like aluminium, under restriction for the home market in the need to produce products to export. The way round this was to manufacturer LHD cars officially to export. If they 'failed' to sell they could then be sold into the home market as waste was also frowned upon.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2012, 08:49:17 AM »
I think you might have the answer there Al.

Richard, there is a stick out tongue smiley  :P :P :P It even looks a bit like you !

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 09:36:34 AM »
never figured out that tongue out one . its not the one i needed . i was loooking for a long protruding centrally placed tongue , possibly blowing a raspberry or as if about to !  ;)

dear claire do you think i am looking for the impossible  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 09:52:24 AM »
actually al i think the advantage of the bonds is that aluminium had no restrictions . but all early bond  production was still for export . i puzzle people when i talk of Balance of Payments and its deficit . people don't talk about it anymore . actually the most important economic figure isn't it ? or one of them . now the place in the news that carried this item is taken up by pippa's bum or posh spices heels - where did it all go wrong ?  :(
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2012, 08:20:37 AM »
actually al i think the advantage of the bonds is that aluminium had no restrictions . but all early bond  production was still for export . i puzzle people when i talk of Balance of Payments and its deficit . people don't talk about it anymore . actually the most important economic figure isn't it ? or one of them . now the place in the news that carried this item is taken up by pippa's bum or posh spices heels - where did it all go wrong ?  :(

That might explain why Stan is still not keen on Bonds abroad despite there being original LHD cars around. He has a legitimate case that they should have been sold here and were far to good for Johnny Foreigner. Not sure if the Scots are allowed them even.

I was thinking when I wrote that Ali might have been free of restrictions. I really do not know how the system worked to administer the push for export though. Incentives, licences and tax by turn presumably. It allowed for these niche cars we like to find a market and get established before larger industry could really respond to the home market. When they did it was a bit patchy. If the general economy heads back to post war crisis voluntary we may yet see the rise of some new micro and light cars by necessity.

We were stopped being told the truth after Blair dismantled the BBC as an independent reporting organisation into a channel for Government propaganda on the back of lies to start the Gulf War. The fact the case for the BBC was later proved correct did not see the Beeb restored to its former position as independent, did it? Nor has a general election. Now it pays to view Russian foreign news and internet occasionally to find out what has not been reported in Britain by the media.
So officially we did not see the crash coming. Save if you bothered to look further than our Media it was completely predictable to the extent I got my investment out of Iceland a few weeks before they went bust, unlike the local Governments that bought the official line and lost millions. This is a game that is still being played out as we waste 'other peoples' money rather than admitting there is not a pleasant solution to the problem and borrow against the hope the next generations will wish to work hard enough to pay off the debt in an ever growing economy, ponzi scheme style when in fact that industrial base is actually struggling to stay in business. Great policy guys! Still in few more years you get a nice pension, a gong and some directorships or a Europe job so why worry.

This is very frightening when you realise the Government is now attempting to gag the press on the back of 'phone hacking, like the Government never, ever do this. INdeed they are altering the law right now! Never have I been less free in Britain.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »
Dear Al

Perhaps censorship can be a good thing. Especially when people drift off topic and have a short rant. We all need to vent our spleen ocassionally but as always it should be done in the right place. Please try and keep to the topic.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2012, 11:49:01 AM »
Ah, Spleens  {

Faaaaaarb........

} Well I could, you mentioned it! Snigger, fnarr.