Author Topic: The Bromley Pageant of Motoring  (Read 10668 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: The Bromley Pageant of Motoring
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 09:12:44 PM »
I'm sure Planty will post a photo

I would if I had taken a camera, try Marcus!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 09:03:28 AM »
Yup, a great day and many thanks to Goggo for his stirling efforts to get everything set up, trailer DUF there and back   ....above and beyond the call of duty is the correct phrase here!

Although the event was smaller than previous year s and was emptying rapidly by 3 pm our stand got a lot of attention, and having the 3 main types of bubble car together for comparison certainly helped a lot of punters to see the difference between them, and yes they are all powered by Wankel Rotary engines, a new urban myth in the making! I had had known Mike and P50 were turning up I would have bought a 2nd box of Tunnocks. Photos later (inc the Ogle Mini).

All three of us and our cars were photographed for Classic Cars magazine, and an artist did a sketch of Goggo's KR 200 which he will finish later and email to Mike with the option of buying the original; I saw it "in progress" and it looked very good, nice fellow too, a fan of three wheelers, particularly classic Morgans: www.martinsquiresautomotiveillustration.bigcartel.com

Downloading Summer....20%....40%....60%....75%....DOWNLOAD FAILED....ERROR 402....DOWNLOAD NOT COMPATIBLE WITH UK
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:54:12 AM by marcus »
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 09:07:21 AM »
the Ogle Mini.

Is now under re manufacturer as a bodyshell kit. A complete one is doing the rounds as an advertisement. Real ones should be based on a Mini Cooper. Do you remember the Maya Maynot?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 09:49:10 AM »
the Ogle Mini.

Is now under re manufacturer as a bodyshell kit. A complete one is doing the rounds as an advertisement. Real ones should be based on a Mini Cooper. Do you remember the Maya Maynot?

I maya or maynot remember that one Al!

Talking of kits how is your Messerschmitt body tub manufacturing project coming on? 

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 10:41:33 AM »
[
[/quote]

I maya or maynot remember that one Al!

Talking of kits how is your Messerschmitt body tub manufacturing project coming on? 
[/quote]

It is not really. I am busy dealing with quite a few orders for stuff which offer actual money now rather than the might be's and gonnas infesting the markets.

Inertia has stepped in as I have also changed plans on the amount of work and number of Schmitts to be done as clearly restored cars at £12/13k are not worth enough over complete projects at £6/8k to warrant restoration with the costs of spares and bought in skills like painting eating much of the differential unless you want the car to use yourself. Not enough margin for me to bother in other words. Also my leg does not allow me to work full time. So probably sell some projects off unrestored.

Also the Estate wants to buy me out of Faringdon now as I am not going to be their patsy taking on the overpriced property they think I should. Since there seems little worth buying to move into in a dodgy market I think is going to fail it looks like I will be off to Cumbria.  Possibly up there temporarily next year to manage building works. Got a 'buyer' on one barn already, for cars and tradables. All this is bigger and more dosh than bits of cars, I am afraid. So only cars to be cleared away to be done I think before we get into the meat of the thing.
Quite how Cumbria ends I do not know as it offers a very cheap dwelling after some sales of plots. There is a possible small industrial estate to administer if the planners will not let me develop 7 houses instead. I would prefer to take my margin out of the planning and move to my final dwelling with on site shedding to continue to disperse my collection in favour of a smaller collection and some motorsport cars but the economy and planners will dictate the rules of the game. It might be I keep a Cumbria home and shed and move myself abroad as Europe seems determined to commit hari-cari dragging an indecisive Britain with it. Investing in the Pacific Rim is offering much better returns. Probably not just due to increased industry but also as they are loaning Europe money to invest in a mis-formed unfulfilled un democratic dream out of control and failed southern European economies. Cannot invest directly in that here but can via Singapore etc with protection.

Then again I must do something with the monocoques project. Perhaps just trade it off.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 02:12:33 PM »
Hmmm, Carefull Ai, remember 1720!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 02:24:24 PM »
Ah, the South Sea Bubble...how apt!

Apparently China is now suffering, and having to re-think its growth and industrialisation as the West is buying far less due to our recession. Container ships are sailing at half speed to cut fuel costs.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 09:43:32 AM »
China has used the West template of borrowing against the future increase in revenues for their industrial revolution. That is a sort of Ponzi scheme really. It also, for its size, has not a great amount of mineral reserves. Its card is people. There are Pacific Rim countries and India that have a much more sensible expansion where they are not extending credit nearly as much. These would seem to be a more sensible long term economic strategies plus some of these places are mineral rich. Sadly Australia is not one of them. They are being numbties and are heading for trouble. I have been discussing this whole thing with a group of malcontents all looking at options as in the main they are not as tied in to the home economy as most people with employment, family and investments. Most people have no easy option out in reality, though they might dream.

On that topic
I have seen pictures of Tony and Lynne's new French property. They even got a free Citroen GS, though it does seem to be performing an architecturally structural job on its side! I can see the potential and why they would want to move there. Hell of a lot of work. However a chance to create a calm rewarding lifestyle so unlike that possible in a conurbation like Wolverton as part of the extended Milton Keynes despite their being clearly well known and liked in their community there. I even had a part in loading up the Lorry with a load of collectables heading out there while I collected a car to store longterm for our bubbly buddies. Many of my reservations on the move are answered and one can only wish them well with the project. Perhaps secretly I am a bit jealous.