Author Topic: Bubblecar Museum Rally looking to be great success in hot weather.  (Read 19955 times)

Trident

• Quite Chatty

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: Bubblecar Museum Rally looking to be great success in hot weather.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 11:23:08 AM »
This museum looks really gorgeous. So many fantastic cars, and lovely decoration as well !

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 02:48:49 PM »
Yup, the museum looks great and so does the rally. Got to get there sometime!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 07:30:01 PM »
what a wimp - spent much of the weekend in the shade as its very hot isn't it  :) not complaining mind . rally and museum both look great . must get there one day . bond national rally next weekend at nottingham looks to be just as hot .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 07:33:17 PM »
I don't blame you, after cycling about 10 miles to Greenwich and back this morning I spent much of the rest of the day indoors. My workshop stays fairly cool, but our yard is an amazing sun trap so we get great figs and tomatoes, but it's too much for me!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 09:40:48 PM »
Mike and I just got back and have to report having a really great time! Boy it was hot though but that Isetta sunroof was worth its weight in gold today!! Mike will put up some pictures and we have some amusing anecdotes to tell. Must sleep first!  ps, it was great to meet Wilksie at last.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 09:41:55 PM »
Looking forward to your pix!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 08:15:06 AM »
Work, work, work. No time to play. One day I will get the balance of life sorted out. At least the Museum is holding several events a year for which small cars can attend. Its not beyond the bounds of possibility that I might not move onto the wolds between Peterborough and Newark anyway now it once again looks like I am out of the Faringdon property. That areas is very pretty, being the far end of the Cotswolds effectively, wealthy and rural yet getting on for 2/3rds the price of Oxfordshire! Better site for what the Coopers are doing and for the services they want to provide, isn't it?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 08:44:09 AM »
Work, work, work. No time to play. One day I will get the balance of life sorted out. At least the Museum is holding several events a year for which small cars can attend. Its not beyond the bounds of possibility that I might not move onto the wolds between Peterborough and Newark anyway now it once again looks like I am out of the Faringdon property. That areas is very pretty, being the far end of the Cotswolds effectively, wealthy and rural yet getting on for 2/3rds the price of Oxfordshire! Better site for what the Coopers are doing and for the services they want to provide, isn't it?

On that subject MIke did announce last night that future rallies were to be by booking only to keep them a managable size.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 09:11:59 AM »
Sounds like a shrewd move. You can be too successful in bringing numbers in. Also allows a vetting of those attending to keep the potential trouble makers out before they arrive. Mike is quite able to turf them off his land but simpler if they are not present in the first place.
I am not so sure this is not going to be a more common part of organising events now. Unless your tooled up to do a National or something, where numbers can be catered for and the emphasis seems slightly different, predicted and groomed numbers just make for a much simpler life then catering for those attaching themselves to something having not understood quite what it is all about and who then create issues when things do not suit them or simply choose to confront a consensus of activity.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 10:35:50 AM »
Here are a couple of pics of Andy Carters Kleinschnittger replica. I really liked it! Being powered by a mini 1000 engine it obviously has the capability of quite high speeds and acceleration so on the Saturday run Andy had to exercise considerable self control to stay in the convoy. However on the final part of the run with base almost in sight he couldn't resist the temptation to blast past me and Mike in Thumper and at the same time make some kind of gesture as he did so, not sure if it was a wave or fingers! :D Now Andy had mention how his very special microcar hat from Ken wegers American rally had stood him in 90$ so it was with some poetic justice that as soon as he was in front and the gesturing was done his valuable hat blew off and we accidentally of course ran over it!! Just earlier we ran over a dead hedge hog so Andy, I wouldn't wear that again if I were you! The incident was much laughed about between Andy and us upon return to the rally field.

Trident

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 11:06:57 AM »
Here's another link to a youtube video of the run out. I'm sure the hedgehog was still alive in this clip, unfortunately it was not prepared for Bob's middle rear wheel. :-\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aj17JlGPic

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »
It was so hot you could fry an egg on the tarmac!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 01:23:54 PM »
 Ray Dilks made a valiant effort passing a tractor, hampered momentarily by Bob, alas couldn't capture Rays expression as we whizzed past. :-X

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »
Great pix and videos cheers all! 1,000 cc repro Kleinschnittger wow! Hope it has stronger wheels, bearings brakes etc than the originals!
Good to see actor Donald Pleasence's younger brother enjoying a drive in Thumper!