Author Topic: bubble car collection for sale  (Read 14035 times)

mikelee

• Just Starting
bubble car collection for sale
« on: May 15, 2012, 10:54:01 AM »
Hiya  All
I was talking to someone who was trying to  buy an Austin from Malcolm Golsworthy and he   thinks he is selling his bubble cars as well
will try and catch up with my friend to find out more but dont know if they are advertised anywhere ? anybody seen them for sale ?,think there are several original Peels and more ?!
Thanks Mike

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: bubble car collection for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 02:34:38 PM »
£200,000 for the lot was the last I heard.
He has been shopping them around privately.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:24:56 PM »
What do you get for £200k? I thought most of the interesting stuff had been moved on.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 09:32:54 PM »
KR175, Mopetta, Peel P50, P50 prototype, Trident, Tourette Supreme (?) Rytecraft something.

any of those gone?   I have no clue.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 09:34:38 PM »
If that's what you get, I would have thought it would have been a good deal!

Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 07:20:09 AM »
The best way of selling something is to state what you have for sale. Since this is unknown to rank and file I assume the collection has been floated passed the wealthy collectors and not proceeded upon as a convenient sale of cars. Rank and file are supposed not to have a budget suitable to buy in the same way, however the news has leaked out now. I wonder if MG will be approached by cherry pickers now. Might suit but equally might be annoying to him.

Been down this route of selling a collection unsplit and it is a tricky one to pull off. In my case the ultimate buyer was not on my list and some upset was caused because he bought while others played fiscal games to get the price down. Their loss for dickering. So anything might happen with this collection and if your a buyer I would make your interest known to avoid disappointment. I am not even in the game so will enjoy watching.

MG used to have Isetta, Trienkel and other more ordinary types of cars too. Job to remember after all this time. It might be that the rarities are not of sufficient % against the more available cars to swing a deal. You can attach a few lemons onto valuable stuff but a collector is not going to look to overpay for cars he already has an example of. A difficult balance to strike but very effective if carried off.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »
I have not spoken to him for a while, but he certainly used to have an extensive collection.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 10:13:30 AM »
What comes around goes around and all that! I wonder how many collections were liquidated to form this one? The prices may have risen, but cars come and go privately all the time.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 02:57:25 PM »
I wonder how many collections were liquidated to form this one?

He had five or six of my cars in 1976.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 10:10:31 AM »
Well your Goggo is not there. It is in Lincolnshire with a Trojan and a Dalmatian and possibly parked near a Lancaster Bomber still! Last seen still in very good nick.

mikelee

• Just Starting
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 11:02:54 AM »
 I have managed to get a list of the cars that there are
Peel P50 ,Peel  P50 prototype,Peel Yacht Car,Peel Trident, Schmitt KR 175, Brutsch Mopetta, Stanley Invalid Carriage plus others , Rytecraft , Scootacar ,Progress Tourette, Pashley  Portland,Arial  and various engines for Peel and Schmitt
 plus big cars and bikes ,no idea on price but not quite for me I will stick to wanting  to buy a  cheap car  like  a Secma ,maybe that might be the car of the future ? though knowing my luck it wont.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 01:24:48 PM by mikelee »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 07:13:16 AM »
Its a Christmas tree car collection of small interesting chaps. Not familiar with a Pashley Portland so will have to look that one up. If the figure is around £200k I can see where he is coming from given some sales that have happened in the last few years. Unfortunately with the economy as it is there would need to be a leap of faith or a seriously wealthy buyer I think. THen again what else do you put your money in, assume you had any?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 07:47:55 AM »
Never heard of a Pashley Portland, anyone have any pics?
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 09:15:40 AM »
Dear Marcus and Al

Tha Pashley Portland was featured in Rumcar news Issue 111 page 16

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 09:45:23 AM »
This is a little worrying, a subscriber who doesn't read his RCN and the main daily forum poster not even subscribing! Its a great magazine so what can our editor do to make folk read the mag? Page three girls? £1 tickets to Calais? Phone tapping maybe?