Author Topic: three wheel chassis - any ideas ?  (Read 2999 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:45:49 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: three wheel chassis - any ideas ?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 07:45:32 PM »
ah - never seen one before - lucky me  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: three wheel chassis - any ideas ?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 08:16:08 AM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221017544272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Reliant Supervan/Estate?

Used to get these, trim off the excess steel carefully to get back to that needed for a Bond Bug. Then with the use of a wooden jig reposition the angles and fit the mountings needed. The trimmings supplied all the correct sections of steel needed to complete the job including making the four suspension arms. Very neat. Seems I was the only person to realise this with my pet welder and I shifted a fair few bought in dead Bugs as runners, apparently cheap, because of it, through him. We did rather well out of it. Now I doubt the Bug buyer, now the cars are worth a lot, or availability of suitable chassis, is enough to make this approach economically viable. Therefore I can tell you about it! My only regret is not keeping on of the very few good bugs I had over those years. Hey ho.

My uncle Cliff's input again. 'Make use of what people throw away and you will make money as your raw materials are free'. He was right as usual.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs