Author Topic: Don Davies Auction  (Read 8523 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Don Davies Auction
« on: April 08, 2012, 06:38:40 PM »
Dear Forum Friends

On 12 April the Don Davies car collection will be auctioned in Northern Ireland and there are a few interesting cars in the sale, such as a Berkeley, Bond Mk D and a KR 200 (not the AC petite)

The auction is open to internet bidders, if you are interested
www.wilsonauctions.com/classic_car.asp

Happy bidding if you are interested

Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Don Davies Auction
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 06:46:12 PM »
Dear Forum Friends

Having just tried the link that is on their poster, it does not work.

If you go to the Wilson Auction web site, the classic car auction is not yet listed so it may mean telephoning them to get registered, or send a slate and a piece of chalk in the post. But you will need to be quick.

Chris Thomas

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 07:11:18 PM »
Hello:  I think that this is the link to use.   In Northern Ireland, not Southern Indiana.   

http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/classic_car.asp
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 09:10:16 PM »
Thanks for that

What a twonk I am leaving out an s in the middle. Now all is revealed.

Have fun

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 07:27:33 AM »
Interesting, no Goggo Coupe. Either sold privately or retained by a family member.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 04:03:22 PM »
This  a real good looking Bond on display. Unfortunately its far away of my home  :(

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 07:47:15 PM »
Did anybody follow the auction on 12 April and get any results on Dons Microcars?

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 01:52:55 PM »
not sure if anyone here knew don or has said but he seemed a really nice gent , with a lovely irish lilt . we spoke a few times on bond matters R.I.P.
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 06:07:16 PM »
I am trying to get a copy of the auction results but they say they need to speak to the solicitors for Don first.

I wonder how Classic & sports car manage to get auction results???

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 02:30:24 AM »

I wonder how Classic & sports car manage to get auction

They had someone present at the auction.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 08:11:05 AM »
I am trying to get a copy of the auction results but they say they need to speak to the solicitors for Don first.

I wonder how Classic & sports car manage to get auction results???

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

A tricky thing as there are the real results and the official ones. Be not surprised if there are two answers over time!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 09:47:28 AM »
are you thinking up ANOTHER conspiracy theory al ? nurse the medication please for mr.hitchcock on ward 5  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 08:22:31 AM »
are you thinking up ANOTHER conspiracy theory al ? nurse the medication please for mr.hitchcock on ward 5  ;)

It's all one conspiracy and it stems from the Mighty Mekon. Where is Dan when you need him?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »
how DARE you ! hows the drought , not that we ever had one , not had such a wet day since Tadpole Bridge Heinkel Trojan rally . yuk  :'(

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 07:43:44 AM »
That was a a warmer day but just as wet. It was really cold yesterday. I ended up going to bed to read a book! I seem to recall after a few pints of Varsity you did not care how wet the Taddy Rally was like the rest of us. For a wash out it was a great event. If you recall there were several guys who would not take their car through a ford as they would get it wet! I never quite got the logic of that one.

It was just beginning to get dry here. My bud on the Cotswolds has a field on the spring line under Wyck Hill. That had not dried up but it was starting to slacken a little. Of course the areas that collect the rain get included in the muster of those places short of water as they are the sources of much of the resources and are not allowed to use their own water. I would think this last few weeks has topped up the Cotswolds and downs. It is the South East that has the problem.

Conversely of course we have had flooding. My chum from Bury tells me its been wet up there for most of the time. So as usual if it happens in London it is a national story. If it happens in Lancashire/Yorkshire it is not.