Author Topic: Bamby P50 selling  (Read 5633 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Bamby P50 selling
« on: November 22, 2011, 11:28:10 AM »
They cannot blow their own trumpet to hard but I can report a good buddy of mine has placed his order for a Bamby P50. He is a micronaut of long standing with a fine collection. He has had a real Peel in the passed and his comment was

'It will be nice to have one you can actually drive somewhere with the slight bonus of getting back home again without meeting all my many friends who work for the AA round here'!

So for those looking for the new microcar, its here already. It just looks like an old one. Not only that they are selling. One can debate the pros and cons but I am very pleased for the Evans.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: Bamby P50 selling
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »
Well done that man! Now if I hadn't frittered away all my dosh I would have ordered one too.  I used my Peel P50 (in Jaguar Regency Red) daily for 6 months in 1976 sometimes going on longish evening drives 15 miles plus and sometimes in the dark, all without taking any tools with me! Would love to do it nowadays so back to selling some more rubbish on ebay.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:02:20 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 05:32:43 PM »
yes, since taking the prototype to the nats we have been busy grafting away. a blue p50 has already gone stateside, also bound for sunnyer shores is another blue one,2 red ones and a yellow one. a number of things have been altered from number 1 ,Ts have been crossed and the I s dotted. we have also taken the decision to de-register the VAT and now we have got the production down to a T we can offer a p50 at a vastly reduced price. Also we have decided to offer them in kit form, be it a complete car in a box,or a partial kit, or indeed just a body there is something for all budgets. website to be revised with details as soon as i get chance. email or call to discuss. minimicros@yahoo.com  07864334432 /07856213439

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 06:53:05 PM »
Third picture is interesting. I see Yoda gets a tiny BMW 600 while the other Jedi knights have P50's. See how happy they are having raised their light sabres. When are you doing a reasonably priced death star?

A knocked down kit free of VAT sounds like a good plan.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 07:50:57 PM »
I took a look at the "Peel Engineering" page last week and they still have not sold the "50" pieces necessary to do a "limited edition" run.
They DID appear to have dropped the price though!
From around £14,000 to "starting" at £6995 
(which they JUST removed as I checked it again, but I have a printout of the page for reference...)

Looks like the Bamby is making some headway at a better price!

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 07:59:21 PM »
COR! Lovely pictures. There's even a VAX 1700 on guard at the door.  ;D

I must do some serious saving!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:01:02 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 08:20:48 PM »
in a small world,the micro enthusiast will always come out on top over the buisnessman ;)

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 09:16:19 PM »
forgot to add, we ll take your rusty wrecks in part ex,so clear out those projects you havnt time to do and climb ,nay squeeze into a brand new p50. ;D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 07:41:38 AM »
Brill I have 15 assorted girt hunks of junk like a dead Van den Plas 4R. That is not what you meant is it? Have not got any airtex bubbles these days. Well save a KR175 but I hug it and pet it and call it George.