Author Topic: new cables - that's stretching it a bit  (Read 2749 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
new cables - that's stretching it a bit
« on: October 07, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »
has anyone had need to have cables , i.e. accelerator and clutch , made up recently ? i used speedy cables , south wales . i have used them before so i sent a couple off to them as per usual and asked for new ones to be made up as samples . i did not ask for a quote !in the past i always thought the price very reasonable - this time i did not . they are for the gordon , short and standard fitting nothing fancy . the bill was £56.63 inc.

i think thats a lot - or is it me ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: new cables - that's stretching it a bit
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 05:40:47 PM »
Wow, that does seem a lot! I used Speedy Cables when they were in London as one model of my kettle drums had a cable to operate the tuning gauge. This was about 20 years ago, but nice solid cables were about £8. OK, inflation, VAT and fuel/material costs have risen a lot, but £28 for a cable? Blimey, I'm glad I changed the design!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 05:41:29 PM »
has anyone had need to have cables , i.e. accelerator and clutch , made up recently ? i used speedy cables , south wales . i have used them before so i sent a couple off to them as per usual and asked for new ones to be made up as samples . i did not ask for a quote !in the past i always thought the price very reasonable - this time i did not . they are for the gordon , short and standard fitting nothing fancy . the bill was £56.63 inc.

i think thats a lot - or is it me ?

Just ask my dad, he makes cables at a good price :)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 05:58:26 PM »
yep marcus £ 8 was what i was expecting - a bit of a shock !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977