Author Topic: RUMCARS OPEN DAY 2011. See the flyer here!  (Read 20977 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: RUMCARS OPEN DAY 2011. See the flyer here!
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 05:10:01 PM »
Yes Stuart, get the Bamby there because I want to see it, never mind the mystery celeb!!

Chris, He had better be there after all this fuss and as Stuart said, it better not be someone of the ilke of Chesney Hawks!!!
You have got me thinking now though. Johnathan Ross is a bubblecar man but then again so is Michael Barrimore but we dont want the likes of him! Cleo Lane has a Bond?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:26:13 PM by Bob Purton »

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 07:31:53 PM »
HRH The Prince of Wales? or Tom Jones, look you! Ah, now then Alan Evans with Emma ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:01:00 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »
hope its worth the wait for the celeb. i cant get there as usual so i hope its a girl in a RELIANT - that should really put the cat amongst the pigeons  :D :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 09:09:03 AM »
Dear Rumblers

The person in question is not a celebrety, but he is known to you all but few have ever met him. He is probably reading this and thinking " I wonder who this mystery person is". He will not be arriving is a Microcar but has a keen professional interest in them.

How many more clues do you want?

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 09:57:18 AM »
Malcom Mackay? Nick Georganao? [spelling?] Alan Evans?  Bruce Weiner?   Not bringing a microcar? I just lost interest.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 10:47:12 AM »
The person in question has been invited but has notyet confirmed HE will come. He does not have a double barreled name and does not come from Wales but he does have a Welsh name.

I do hope he comes otherwise you will all blame me.

Oh, no blame on added bonuses even if they do not quite work out. Idris the Dragon? Jones the Bubble? Merlin the Merddin Emrys?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 01:20:50 PM »
How about Michael Worthington - Williams.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 01:35:56 PM »
Wynford Jones?

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 02:40:51 PM »

He was who I was hoping for. I've read & been influenced by his stuff for years but never yet met him.  :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 05:53:30 PM »

He was who I was hoping for. I've read & been influenced by his stuff for years but never yet met him.  :)

Off in your Carriage to Newcastle Emlyn then! While there you can visit Mr Wood, Mr Luty and Graham 'Proff' Potter who live just down the road. Its a car nutter parrot ice.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 06:09:06 PM »
Hi Chris
            What is the secret about the guest at Rumcars open day - I thought the plan was to get as many Microcars to the event - not turn it into a guessing game - If he not arriving by Microcar I agree with Bob - I am not interested in seeinig him.

I have sorted out a collection of my microcar books and a Kleinwagen and Roller mags ( in German from the 50's ) to bring to the show - some are rare and some not so rare - It  my first showing of these books and I am ofering to my friends ( at Jean's ) first before I take the on to the National Rally.

I plan to drive down in my "numbers" Trojan and the books will fill up the floor space in the back of the car ( there are over 60 items ) I will not be bringing down any brochures I will wait till the National Rally to bring those ( I have sorted out over 300 Brochures ) and I have some on the Nobel which I shall save for Jonathan.

Mike

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 06:25:06 PM »
 The name David Gottlieb has just came into my mind. Surely not he?! Mind you, he has been fairly topical recently, plus Jean has a car designed by him....

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 08:18:21 PM »
strange g-o-g-g-o ! mike w-w been mentioned and i thought you regarded him highly . he is a regular visitor to the stand at Beaulieu and very welcome you make him too.  highly respected on all things motoring and particularly interested in micro's . a legend , his columns/pages in various mags is always the first page i turn to.

oops re-read all previous on this item and its clear the possible guest does not live in wales and is not double barrelled , completely got it wrong again  :-[
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:21:49 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 08:38:32 PM »
Hi Richard
               Not saying that the honoured guest might be welcome - that Chris's is information that it is being kept a secret - I thought the idea was for more people to come - especially if they knew the name of the guest. 
                                                                                                                                                              Mike

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 09:08:53 AM »
Is the guest Mike Shepherd?

Its worth coming to find out who the guest is. Even better if he then does not arrive, or no announcement is made that he is present and we are left guessing. I like it, great fun. Why would you not want to talk to folk not in a Microcar but micro related? Perhaps it is not worth coming after all. However I do think it would be great to revive the Story ethic of driving the car to the event and making a weekend of it. However that is a lot more complex than inviting a few folk for a day. The obvious venue for a driving it there initiative is Burford unless a private land owner wishes to underwrite such an enterprise. I think the idea has mileage in it, nah ha!