General Category > Unusual Microcar Discussion

'Bubble Car Murders'

<< < (2/4) > >>

Big Al:
Might explain the haunting of my last Messerschmitt which was the most frustrating car I have ever owned. It never worked correctly despite being entirely rebuilt after being entirely rebuilt after a restoration. Glad to see the back of the darned thing. Not haunted? Two days after I sold it the car was driven into a bollard by the guy at a bodyshop charged with making it look better! Make of that what you will......

Most bubblecars stuggle to mount a sleeping policeman. I am impressed that one managed to run over and kill a person. Thinks, new and improved field event for National to liven things up a bit at the end of the raffle.

Bob Purton:

--- Quote from: Wilksie on June 20, 2011, 09:04:16 AM ---Naaa, don't worry - nothing quite as serious as that.

But honestly, as soon as the Chesterfield link came up, I remembered some more. Apparently these were men of esoteric interests. And by that I don't mean collecting bubble cars.

The thing about the internet is that several sites come up, but they all are rewrites of each other. The guy at work said these were either Isettas or Messerschmitts, but I guess the uninitiated always come up with those two names when micros or bubble cars are mentioned. The more knowledgable remember Heinkels and most younger people think about 'Robin Reliants' (sic) or disabled carriages.

--- End quote ---

Whats a Robin Reliant then?

Rob Dobie:
It's what thicko's call plastic pigs. ::) 

Sorry about that Author Stuart.  ;D

Big Al:

--- Quote from: Bob Purton on June 20, 2011, 04:42:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wilksie on June 20, 2011, 09:04:16 AM ---Naaa, don't worry - nothing quite as serious as that.

But honestly, as soon as the Chesterfield link came up, I remembered some more. Apparently these were men of esoteric interests. And by that I don't mean collecting bubble cars.

The thing about the internet is that several sites come up, but they all are rewrites of each other. The guy at work said these were either Isettas or Messerschmitts, but I guess the uninitiated always come up with those two names when micros or bubble cars are mentioned. The more knowledgable remember Heinkels and most younger people think about 'Robin Reliants' (sic) or disabled carriages.

--- End quote ---

Whats a Robin Reliant then?

--- End quote ---

Could be a new factory based spares service - Robin, Reliants.

Bob Purton:
That reminds me, I must book my 'Punto Fiat' in for its MOT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version