Author Topic: spring beaulieu  (Read 4531 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
spring beaulieu
« on: May 12, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »
wish us all happy hunting this weekend. as usual helping mike on his stall. i am taking very little to sell  so plenty of room in the car for things i buy ! well i can hope can't i  ;D over and out
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: spring beaulieu
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:07:57 PM »
Say hello to Mike and hope you all have a great and useful time!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 09:32:35 AM »
This events popularity has fallen to the point where Dave cannot give his free entry tickets away. Indeed I know few traders who bother with either jumble now as it is plain too expensive to participate after getting passes, being messed around and hassled by the organisers and sorting infrastructure to be at one end of the country available to a limited attendance of people overcharged to attend. The only draw is the export market as a lot of foreign buyers attend. However the well clued up now take their orders to a suitable lay by and await their customers free of charge before heading home, trade done, to a comfy bed.
Are there any good Autojumbles left? Newark seems to be about the best. Even Popham has gained a cheapo tool stall every third stand. Analysing the content and despite a full field the jumble was down on a few years ago.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 12:13:39 PM »
I know few traders who bother with neither jumble now as it is plain too expensive to participate

I hear this every time I go, from the same dealers that turn up every year, it's simply their response to punters haggling!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 12:25:38 PM »
wish us all happy hunting this weekend. as usual helping mike on his stall. i am taking very little to sell  so plenty of room in the car for things i buy ! well i can hope can't i  ;D over and out

Enjoy! I went to Mannheim last year, it was GREAT!
Never been to a proper Autojumble 'till then! I only got a rear light for my Nobel, for 5 euros, definitely worth it, but not for the trip...

It was still nice seeing all of the microcar people at the pubs, all of us having mixed grilles!

Who is all going to this year's Mannheim?

Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 01:57:47 PM »
Spring Beaulieu, sounds a bit like an Indian resturant dish.

Perhaps the organisers should take the idea up. Mixed grill Indian style

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 09:56:40 AM »
Spring Beaulieu, sounds a bit like an Indian resturant dish.

Perhaps the organisers should take the idea up. Mixed grill Indian style

Chris Thomas

Well I am not sure about Indian but there are plenty of stalls selling a Chinese menu of consumable tools! As to the same dealers moaning as a haggling lever I would say it was a weak one and rather suggests that these are the hangers on hoping for a change in the event. Our good chum G.O.G.G.O. of course has managed to find a tactical advantage so his expenditure on attending is reduced to acceptable limits plus he gets to have a weekend with his buddies. Of course if the rest of the stall holders woke up to this the event would not make so much money for the organisers but it does suggest some of the stallholders are way behind G.O.G.G.O. in lateral thinking.

Mannheim, well I am tempted to go but it would be as a vendor not as a customer. The exchange rate, Germany's better economy despite its own problems and the German's tendency to be a lot more focused in what they are doing rather than messing about could make it into a good event to clear stuff away to advantage and gain some euros.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 04:09:05 PM »
i see jonathon has the right attitude ! good on you - as you say enjoy  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 06:53:24 PM »
i see jonathon has the right attitude ! good on you - as you say enjoy  ;)

Lets hope the next generation of microcar people will be like this one. It wont be exactly the same, since some people still have cars they got new, and none of the next generation will, but thats life.
I hope they wont just be collectors, I want enthusiast!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 10:46:51 AM »
Report from Trade friend of Trader chum who had a stand at Beaulieu. The designated area was 2/3 occupied with some booked stands unoccupied. Trade was reasonable but footfall weak with particular effect to inter trade sales which were low. His feeling was that the foreign buyers were present with enough buying power to make up for what was otherwise going to be a poor event. He is now unsure as to if he will take up the offered September stall as costs are substantially higher for that event and the option of sharing has been undermined by the car parking and access charges. That is what finished our groups stand off as it was shared by five people in the end to defer costs. Suddenly each person had to find an extra £30 plus additional hassles. Killer blow. Only reporting on what I was told.

jackiep

• Chatty
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 11:09:51 PM »
I have enjoyed Beaulieu on the occasions I have been before , agreed,  over 12months ago since I last went.
   My spys tell me they have found lots of things to buy at good prices , so I guess that its a case of  being Eagle eyed
    & knowing your subject well . Where did bits for the Gorden come from ?  Thats right Beaulieu & its a lovely area too .
          I trust that all who went had a great time & the weather was good too!!!!
           Must try to make September

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 05:33:22 PM »
yes indeed it was g-o-g-g-o (mike ) and i that returned triumphantly with the correct and VERY rare villiers 8E/R for the Gordon . reverse being the rare bit here. the body panels and other bits are ex Groombridge via David Hambleton/ Alan Hitchcock , donated by me and delivered by mike . The hard bit was left to Rob Dobie  ;D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 06:27:35 PM »
yes indeed it was g-o-g-g-o (mike ) and i that returned triumphantly with the correct and VERY rare villiers 8E/R for the Gordon . reverse being the rare bit here. the body panels and other bits are ex Groombridge via David Hambleton/ Alan Hitchcock , donated by me and delivered by mike . The hard bit was left to Rob Dobie  ;D

The Villiers 8E/R is much harder to find than the Villiers 8OOO/ER, a somewhat unreliable reversible version fitted to the side of politicians and the like after the War until a smaller Wankel replacement became available.