Author Topic: Valve dropping.  (Read 9446 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: Valve dropping.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »
Hello, This is old Nick here. Yes, I've had a few Tigers, five over the years. Still got one in bits. Jonathan is getting mixed up with the melted piston I had on the Tiger on the way to Scotland some years ago. It was a proper Tiger motor. I have had a valve drop in my Isetta back in 1980. You can get decent valves from Germany these days.          Nick.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 10:40:20 PM »
Ah yes! Maybe it was that mini powerd one he had.

Well, there it is, my dad corrected me, the spark was at the wrong time, so heated up the piston a tad too much. He still has the mini engined TG500, just that hes turning it back to a normal TG500 now, hes gonna do it turquoise. Its in the garage still, in bits!

My dad said I can probably restore the Velorex, when I have spare time after the Nobel, it will be quite fun. Yes, I know, I like projects ;)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 07:40:58 AM »
And the MIni bit of the MIni engined Tiger is being turned into - well I guess a Mini engined Messerschmitt that looks like the MIni engined Tiger as it was after it was converted from a Tiger to MIni power, and all this in Norway to replicate a car from Switzerland last driven in Britain and now in France. International Bubbling can be confusing!

Velorex are bonkers and assuming the skins are in good condition, great fun. You could 'customise' it with special skins though. I rather liked the idea of clear skins, see everything with cilia like flowing lights down the side. A giant paracetium (spelling) or such. A Gatso speeding ticket would be of a guy sat in some scaffolding with a big grin. Maybe grinning is chargeable these days.

There you are Nick. We used to be the 'young' blades in the scene. Now your 'old' Nick and I am probobly something worse! I think I need a Bentley.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs