Author Topic: Can you help, please?  (Read 2598 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Can you help, please?
« on: March 24, 2011, 10:17:57 AM »
I have received the following email, can anyone help Piero please?

excuse me if I disturb.
I have found on ebay a "chain differential microcar british anzani berkeley " item n° 280645150876.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280645150876&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123
Do you think that this differential can fit my Berkeley T 60 whit a 328 cc twin talisman engine?.
Best regards, piero.
  piero.cerniglia@virgilio.it

Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: Can you help, please?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 04:38:38 PM »
Why don't you ask here: http://www.britishanzani.co.uk/

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:22:56 PM »
I'm not posative but I think the dif is the same used on both the anzarni motor and the excelsior, after all its not part of the engine. The Berkeley enthusiasts club would be the ones to ask.  BECMembership@gmail.com  They may not be very helpful unless you join though.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 07:13:41 PM »
I'm not positive but I think the dif is the same used on both the anzarni motor and the excelsior, after all its not part of the engine. The Berkeley enthusiasts club would be the ones to ask.  BECMembership@gmail.com  They may not be very helpful unless you join though.
Bob believe or not it was Nigel Halliday of the BEC who sent the request on to me !!!!!
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 10:16:18 PM »
That speaks volumes!!   ::)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 08:33:52 AM »
If it fits the three speed Anzani then it will fit the Excelsior that end surely.  The mounting looks like its the same girt doughnut job so I would say that it was worth a punt. The worst is that a couple of parts might be different. As to what it came from I do not know if any other car used the same diff as a Berkeley, who made it, Albion? Anzani fan cool is going to be something like an Opperman Punicar isn't it. I think the factory constructed were Anzani and the kits Excelsior or some such something. Jarc Van was Anzani, or was it the Astra, I forget? Might be early boat installation but then the gearbox would be an addition instead of a transfer box.

I know for a very fine original but restored SA322 Berkeley should anyone be desirous.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs