Author Topic: New P50/Trident available soon with petrol engine road legal UK  (Read 10166 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: New P50/Trident available soon with petrol engine road legal UK
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 07:57:21 AM »
I've got a rubber ducky!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

DrewS

• Chatty
  • Young(ish!!) Micro fan
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 10:25:44 PM »
If you follow the link to "peel engineering's" (GB's!!!!) site there is a very interesting video on there, showing the Sun test driving both a P50 and Trident... spot the mistakes.. the winner gets the rights to build peel cars...:

http://www.peelengineering.co.uk/videos.php?view=thesun

1962.... ??? always been British?? (forgive me if I'm wrong but the IOM is a country in its own right?) one of the last major car brands in the country... how about the gap between the last ones being made and replica production starting?? and using a peel p50 to "pull a bird" ? its a one seater, you'd need a trident to take her home!! And is it me, or is the back of that trident almost on the floor, he might want to get his suspension settings checked before selling it!! lol
Late 63' Tiger Nose Schmitt pilot (In need of some TLC) 2004 Smart Roadster wearer (Yes it is a microcar at 698cc!! - Sadly Gone :-( ) Fiat 500 Owner (Tempremental, Poorly Built and with a wiring loom made of chewing gum and Spaghetti!!) and future Isetta or Trojan Owner ( As pocket money permits!!!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 07:45:15 AM »
 What was it they said, 'never let the facts spoil a good story'!

The only thing that certainly comes out of these various attempts to market a small car/bike/electric vehicle is that there would seem to be a market out there but no one has yet hit the right product at the right price. With stress on fuel and city driving that market must be growing. The Peel is a bit small but then the parameters for a inner city vehicle have been set to tiny. I think a Scootacar would be too big but is a better answer for instance. Modified styling and proper use of all the interior space would see it a very handy commuter. Sadly the Schmitts, Heinkels etc are to long so retro styling them is not going to work unless the Schmitt becomes a single seater - a Fitzer in fact. Then again is retro style the way to go?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs