Author Topic: New P50/Trident available soon with petrol engine road legal UK  (Read 10227 times)

P50

• Prolific Poster
Priced from £15k - not cheap but what price for a 60's icon? 

http://www.peelengineering.co.uk/p-50.php

You take your life in your own hands in an original or not on the queens highway in 2011..

http://www.peelengineering.co.uk/trident.php
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:06:06 PM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: New P50/Trident available soon with petrol engine road legal UK
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 09:14:08 AM »
But it is not a 60's icon. It is a 21st century icon as that is when the bulk of cars have been made and put to the market. The question is which do you want and how much do you want to pay for it. Now it really is not worth buying a real Peel as an investment unless it has a known history to prove what it is unless it is cheap. The wise but none informed collector buyer will otherwise not be able to sort out the real from the fake from the replica. Good luck with the replicas but I think the only real satisfaction is owning the real thing. I can think of many better purchases for £15k - like two totally accurate replica Peels built by oneself! Fortunately I do not need them so I can dream of all the other things I could buy.

If the Queen owns the Highway then who owns all the potholes? You could park a Peel in some of the ones round here!

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 09:59:08 AM »
Well she can pay to have them filled then!
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 12:56:58 PM »
But it is not a 60's icon.

I was being facetious.  It's a 60's shaped 21st century car.

It is a 21st century icon as that is when the bulk of cars have been made and put to the market. The question is which do you want and how much do you want to pay for it. Now it really is not worth buying a real Peel as an investment unless it has a known history to prove what it is unless it is cheap.

Not hard to suss what's a real one or not.  More chance of having a sly plop in the Queens handbag than pulling the wool over the Peel Mafia's eyes...  So I think you're well wide of the mark (or marque) regarding fakes vs real.  Yes punters will be duped but I doubt you Al would not know what's real or not.  Or should I say Peel (pun again) off your hard earned for a car...  

The wise but none informed collector buyer will otherwise not be able to sort out the real from the fake from the replica. Good luck with the replicas but I think the only real satisfaction is owning the real thing. I can think of many better purchases for £15k - like two totally accurate replica Peels built by oneself! Fortunately I do not need them so I can dream of all the other things I could buy.

If the Queen owns the Highway then who owns all the potholes? You could park a Peel in some of the ones round here!

Good luck to 'em.   It's a business. Business's are supposed to make money. If it sells these cars for a fair old whack then the aim is accomplished.
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 09:19:58 AM »
Good luck to 'em.   It's a business. Business's are supposed to make money. If it sells these cars for a fair old whack then the aim is accomplished.

I agree. A knock on the door does not mean it has to be opened. With no laws or rights to infringe it is open season. I will be fascinated to see the prolification of versions and to see if anyone actually comes up with one that is;
a/ better than the real one - real or accurate copy!
b/ actually usable as daily local transport.
c/ cheap enough to buy as a toy - see the 'Evan 'Elpus' Schmitts which are not greatly less sophisticated and priced rather reasonably I think.

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 10:38:30 AM »
Dear Al

What do you think the position would be if somebody (!) decided to build some replicas of the original Peel 50  and made them truly roadworthy with a modern Aprilla or similar 50cc engine and called it a Peal 50.

Would the present Peel Engineering Company have any grounds for bringing a court action agaist them for either the product or the name?

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »
Dear Al

What do you think the position would be if somebody (!) decided to build some replicas of the original Peel 50  and made them truly roadworthy with a modern Aprilla or similar 50cc engine and called it a Peal 50.

Would the present Peel Engineering Company have any grounds for bringing a court action agaist them for either the product or the name?

Chris Thomas

Aprillaintly not! Indeed I think you could call it a Peel. You would not be able to mention Peel Engineering Company. Will someone try this, though an Andy Carter Tina powered machine falls in the same bracket really and he has done this pre-dating PEC. THe problem is more likely registration.

Would the Aprilla one be for the police? The Apeala Plod 50.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 12:10:52 PM »
Dear Al

Do we know where Peel Engineering are purchasing their P50 bodies from? Could it be from Mr Carter?

Chris Thomas

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 12:52:54 PM »
Dear Al

Do we know where Peel Engineering are purchasing their P50 bodies from? Could it be from Mr Carter?

Chris Thomas

I dont think the bodies are from Mr. Carter. As far as i was informed , the bodies are own production of the new Peel  Engineering company.

Ferdi Tillmanns

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 03:17:27 PM »

Unless informed otherwise I am fairly certain that the very first set of replica bodies they had commissioned were done by Carter.
I would hazard a guess that they used those bodies to create their own master molds somewhere else.

Someone in the States was planning on doing something similar and was blabbing about it but that tree never bore any fruit.

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 02:13:21 PM »
watch this space ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 09:29:13 AM »
Can I just say that Root broke my Trident at the weekend. There I was sat on a plastic bin while he was attempting to use it. The head failed and I now I find I have two halves needing a new shaft. He broke my grass rake as well!

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 11:27:01 PM »
 Alas to say I did indeed bust the Hitchcock Trident  :-[  shortly after a rather alarming explosion & much popping, banging & smoke arising.  Still, I blame woodworm & am glad I've chosen a Honda engine if that's what the smokey, poppy, bangy ones do when you just walk past one!

Basket case

• Chatty
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 03:48:30 PM »
In the good old days, when roads were made from clay, people used to pinch the clay to make pots.......hence the word 'pot hole'. Whoever stiil owns a clay pot probably owns the pot hole.....

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 09:01:08 PM »
Alas to say I did indeed bust the Hitchcock Trident  :-[  shortly after a rather alarming explosion & much popping, banging & smoke arising.  Still, I blame woodworm & am glad I've chosen a Honda engine if that's what the smokey, poppy, bangy ones do when you just walk past one!

Is Al and Lord Cyphus the Bert and Ernie of the microcar world?!!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:06:46 PM by P50 »
-Benvenuto Cellini