Author Topic: Time for a new Mystery microco competition.  (Read 12355 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Time for a new Mystery microco competition.
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 09:30:14 AM »
The car was built by Jose' Maria Rodriguez and is called a Joseso Monovolumen, the literal translation is Josephs Van.
Before this model was built he built a jeep type body on a tubular chassis which was the prototype for this model. By 1960 no further cars were made. 40 cars in 10 years would suggest that it was not exactly a high speed production line. The bodies were all GRP and as I have said the engine was a 250cc Villiers twin with a 4 speed gear box.

I would be interested to know if there was use of Fiat panels in this car at the beginning as it is so Multipla/600 in some areas. The Multipla was pretty slow so the miniature version with a Villiers in it kind of works too. To round it off the back looks like a London Taxi so the designer might have been a Taxi fan! An interesting machine which I was not aware of.

The Peel was a study on a Ford Special theme I believe. Then ran with the idea of a sports car and then revisted the idea of limited production/kit cars with the Peel Viking, which I have owned. The Viking was a good car but unfortunately a bit late onto the market I think.

I know the next car too.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 11:24:15 AM »
The Joseso was a new one on me too. I just stumbled across it whilst searching a motorcycle site.

Chris, how about a RCN article on this one?

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 11:49:04 AM »
Well, here is a BIG tip, you can tell it's a Nobel. But what model? Hahaha...
I will say whenever I want to ;)

Good luck!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 01:00:05 PM »
Normally i would name it a 1962 Nobel pick up, but the nose seems not appropriate to me.
I wonder who knows what in fact it is !
 ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2011, 10:56:35 AM »
Contrary to one picture it is not a Fairthorpe Atom!!!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2011, 11:32:18 AM »
think you must have misread the picture al . those atom like objects are actually an arrangement of mirrors - Mod style like a period scooter -arent they ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2011, 08:08:04 PM »
Times up! It is in fact a Nobel Sporty.
It was a 1958 prototype, built by York Noble Industries. That was used for the Nobel Vicky idea.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2011, 09:17:28 AM »
King Albert mirror stack for your Mod machine. I like it.

Are the bubble cars still in the base of the Atoma with the MIni? Last time I was there you could not go in all the Electrons/Neutron as you used to be able too.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 08:02:08 PM »
Interesting TV program about atomic physics recently. Between each atom and the orbits of all the things orbiting it there is a (relatively) vast amount of nothing. If you were to take all the "nothingness" out of the entire human population of Earth, the remaining "somethingness" would be the size of a sugar cube. We are but dust!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 11:45:35 PM »
i am ferrous oxide mainly  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2011, 08:04:43 AM »
Interesting TV program about atomic physics recently. Between each atom and the orbits of all the things orbiting it there is a (relatively) vast amount of nothing. If you were to take all the "nothingness" out of the entire human population of Earth, the remaining "somethingness" would be the size of a sugar cube. We are but dust!

Do not tell Network Rail and friends!