Author Topic: Is this real?  (Read 2390 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Is this real?
« on: February 17, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »
Hello,

You all probably know the film Brazil, that has a messerschmitt KR 175 with 200 top in it, but in the film they burn it! I know the film is old, they werent that special then, but is it real?

Let's hope I don't make films and use my dad's TG500!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Is this real?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 07:05:09 PM »
3 KR200s one with KR175 style wings. The main film car is still about with correct wings restored. The other two were destroyed in a container. The cars came from about 15 miles from here and were quite good before the film company got hold of them as props. Some I missed!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Is this real?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 04:04:03 PM »
Cars in films and TV. Watch the Comic Strip's "Mr Jolly Lives Next Door" and weep at the Trojan, Honda Acty Van and Citroen Pallas getting trashed.

The Heinkel(s) in Double Bunk, Blue Murder at St Trinians and I'm Alright Jack seemed to fare very well, most unusual.

The E Type Jag in the Italian Job (the REAL Italian Job, not the modern piece of garbage) was hired or bought  in superb condition from its owner who was assured that no harm would be done to it as it was just for set dressing. It got trashed. Deliberately. He could never understand why they wrecked a perfect car when there were plenty of tired ones around.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face