Author Topic: New aquisition  (Read 4444 times)

Bingle

• Just Starting
New aquisition
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:31:17 PM »
Hello y'all! A "Newbie" to your forum here!
I'm hoping to buy a Batricar on Wednesday. From the photos it seems quite original and I can hardly wait to put wide wheels and uprated motor in it. "Go faster stripes" with a pearlescent magenta over lime green paint job should finish it off. I had thought about knives on the wheels as well, a la Boadicea, but I'm not sure whether this would be pavement legal? I don't really know the history of these vehicles, so would appreciate any information about them. Many thanks.

Trident

• Quite Chatty
Re: New aquisition
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 08:44:42 PM »
Hi Bingle,
Welcome to the Rumcars forum. You have come to the right place as we love the Batricar.
A future icon of classic microcars in my mind, especially if you add  your personal touch with a special paint job and wider wheels. I’m part way through doing a pearlescent paint job on my Model 70 disabled chariot (the only one with a 100 hp 1600cc Ford lump).  ;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:22:42 AM by Trident »

Bingle

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »
You've given me an idea now. I wonder if a cross-flow ford 1600cc engine will fit. In reality, probably not... but a VW Beetle rear end should give some punch. Problem is, I want to keep it within its 29inch max width.... Back to the drawing board!

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:02:23 PM »
 ::)   ;)

Bingle

• Just Starting
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 07:48:23 PM »
All ideas cancelled.... Sorry Stuart, you were keen to see the Batricar pimped up, I know!!  I went to collect it today and the guy has a lot of stuff and I changed my mind and said that I would have an Autobecane 50cc moped, instead!  Its the one with a plastic lowline body and was presumably meant to be a rival to the Raleigh Wisp.  Anyway, he has TWO Batricars and wants to sell both. The one I was interested in was running and "to drive away...". About £50 each.  He also has a petrol Harding IC and an Ariel 3, but these are not for sale.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 02:26:54 PM »
All ideas cancelled.... Sorry Stuart, you were keen to see the Batricar pimped up, I know!!  I went to collect it today and the guy has a lot of stuff and I changed my mind and said that I would have an Autobecane 50cc moped, instead!  Its the one with a plastic lowline body and was presumably meant to be a rival to the Raleigh Wisp.  Anyway, he has TWO Batricars and wants to sell both. The one I was interested in was running and "to drive away...". About £50 each.  He also has a petrol Harding IC and an Ariel 3, but these are not for sale.

Oh him.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bingle

• Just Starting
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 07:48:32 PM »
Yes, Big Al... Him...
I believe that he is (or was) a member of RUM cars.. But no problems... if he's got wot I want, then its just another transaction....