Author Topic: Message from Stuart [who cant log on]  (Read 3321 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Message from Stuart [who cant log on]
« on: February 12, 2011, 11:36:42 AM »
Hello Richard (and everyone else)

Well, it does seem to have descended into a pickle on there, as now I can't sign in to it now either!  I've been out most of today so didn't see the developments until 7.30-8pm today & did notice that my topic had vanished, which I put down to it having been removed by a mod. I just shrugged & thought "oh well", like one does. Then I tried to sign in to make a reply & it is repeatedly saying "incorrect password". Actually, it let me on once, only to instantly bounce me back out again. One fleeting glimpse of myself logged on & then it jumped instantly back to the logging in page.

Jim, Jean & Bob all state that they have not removed or tampered with anything, and I believe them. There are two options I'm pondering on at the moment: one is some sort of glitch either within the forum programme itself, or something internet related in the Oxfordshire area as both me & Alan are in the catchment & both seeing to be having the same problems. The second theory is that someone has hacked my account & wielded the axe! Seems strange though to me.

Of topics being removed in general, yes, the person who started a particular topic can (or could) choose an option to "delete this topic" & in doing so deletes every posting within that topic regardless of who wrote the later posts. I've done it a couple of times with short-life or otherwise pointless topics I started in years gone by, but I did not do it with this one, even though it looks like exactly what I have described has happened to it. This is another aspect which makes me wonder if I've been hacked, & if so, by who & why.  It seems an odd way to try & destabilise things, if that's the aims, but then again, it seems to be doing just that beyond all expectations!

Anyway, speaking for myself personally, I would not like to see you (Richard) leave because of anything which might be happening within the forum! We've had a few problems before a few years ago with rouge fractions trying to cause trouble on there, & I for one am not prepared to let this episode drag the good name of the RUM down in any shape or form. Hopefully a few days more & we will be at the bottom of things!

Feel free anybody to copy the above message & post it on the forum from me.

Stuart

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
Re: Message from Stuart [who cant log on]
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 12:25:29 PM »
Hi Stewart
        I did not believe it was you who deleted your posts in support of Big Al, so it must be someone else or an infiltrator in the system. I for one do not want to see Richard leave because he has had microcars for over 20 years, and he gave all of his original panels, and bought the original untouched Gordon engine to help Bob Dobie rebuild Jean's Gordon.
   Thanks for the info Jim, I too believe in Jean Bob and Jim who had no part in deleting all items relating to Big Al's departure, There is a fourth member of the moderators if he replies that he had nothing to do with this, it must be some outsider or a fault in the Oxfordshire area ( little hard to believe ) - Lets get this forum back on track and help and advise other Unusual Micro Car owners.
                                                                                                                                    Mike
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:29:51 PM by g-o-g-g-o »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 01:16:23 PM »
Dear Stuart, Bob, and Mike and anybody else that is listening.

As one of the administrators of the Forum I did not delete, lock out, ban, or change any part of the web site for Stuart or Big Al. and I think Jim can confirm that from the activity log. I am as mystified as you all as to what is happening, and the relative silence has been because of that fact.

I have had a problem with my own email accounts in the past few weeks whereby it would not let me in or our and would not recognise my passwords etc. It was finally resolved by turning off my Broadband Modem for half an hour and rebooting it. At that point everything worked again. I know Al has said that he has rebooted and checked everything on his computer but Stuart have you tried rebooting the modem.

I am sure that we would all like to know what has caused this internet glitch, so we can recognise and deal with it ASAP if it ever happens to us.

Lets hope that if it was computer hackers that have caused the problem, that their poison does not spoil our group.

Chris Thomas

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 02:37:56 PM »
There is a fourth member of the moderators if he replies that he had nothing to do with this, it must be some outsider or a fault in the Oxfordshire area ( little hard to believe )

I have already explained that if a moderator does ANYTHING (deletes a post, modifies a post etc), their actions are LOGGED.
There is no log record of a moderator removing Stuart's post.  Your paranoia about someone "gagging" people's comments or censoring ones they disagree with has no basis in reality.

The forum was under attack yesterday (and still may be for all I know) from a network of computers intent on doing nothing but causing havoc.
This problem was not limited to this forum. It affected other forums using the same software and is an ongoing problem that ALL forums must deal with at some point or another.

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 03:50:41 PM »
Hi Jim
          What we can't find a reason for we blame on the weather - we have had rain over the last week - so I blame it on the rain or the supplier of the internet - It is funny though only Big Al post or those supporting him have been affected - Maybe someone does not like Big Al?  !!

Can we get on with restoring our unusual Micro Cars now.
                                                                                                                                       Mike

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 11:13:52 AM »
Hopefully, yes.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs