Author Topic: fastest micro?  (Read 7434 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: fastest micro?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 05:41:46 PM »
thanks for the link rusty chrome . nice little article translated . why do the continentals do things so much better than us . lunchbreak and time to tune the carb etc and time for wine ,bread and cheese. germans at a meeting in France. you just know if we did it in England it would be a burger van or a buttie from a petrol station - just doesnt sound the same does it  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 09:37:23 PM »
not sure if anyone might be interest but an english seller has german diecast models of the Lloyd record breaking car on ebay now . dont know how to post links but just search Lloyd record breaking on ebay
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 09:09:05 PM »
Why of course, its the Nobel GTRS!
On a more serious note, how apout that speedy car from the dec 2010 issue of take off?
That 3 wheeler that went over 150 mph, the Badsey Bullet.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 11:23:38 AM »
Take Off and KaRoScene have just had an item on the Badsey Bullet published. What a co-incidance. Few made and I would think something of a collectors item.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 09:25:12 PM »
I guess the fastest usual microcar is the fantastic FMR TG 500. Better known as " Messerschmitt TIGER "
I guess the fastest usual, modern microcar around a race track would be the Mazda Autozam AZ-1/Suzuki Cura.  They are about about 10 and a half feet long and just a tad over 3 and a half feet tall.  Mid mounted engines that are  660 cc 3 cylinder 4valve per cylinder double overhead cam units with both turbocharging and intercooling.  The gull wing doors don't make them any faster, and are a pain in the tush to get out of- but all in the name of cool fun.
At about 9 or 10 thousand rpms these Little screamers are actually very competent track burners, but I haven't clocked a top speed yet. 

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 09:54:44 PM »
Thanks for promoting me to Collector status.
After my 2 day fruitless debacle with the Carvers I can use a little accolade thrown in my direction.
On a more significant note-  How can I see these articles in "Take Off" and "KaroScene"?
In lieu of the fact that I am unfamiliar with these publications- I was not able to get any where with google searching them as  I am not even aware as to what segment of what industries they cater to.
In any event I'd appreciate the opportunity of seeing and possibly correcting their data. For I have spent most of the rest of my spare time over the last 2 months cleaning up some fiddly interior bits and panel fits on the Badsey Bullet prototype that was driven by Mario Andretti at Indianapolis at 165 mph. 

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 09:25:29 AM »
Take Off is the magazine of the Messerschmitt Enthusiasts Club. KaRoScene is the website on www.messerschmittclub.org.uk I think it is. Not sure if the item is on general view or restricted. Tony Yates researched the item after I mention the machines at clubnight near Badsey, Worcestershire. His email appears on the website so you can talk to him direct if you want.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 07:38:56 PM »
A friend of mine does/did hold world speed and economy records for his car, really a suitcase sized chassis powered by a model aeroplane engine of below 10cc. He made super low friction wheel bearings and transmission for it and was in the Guinees Book of Records for a few years.
Of course, my Drum Car is the fastest drum kit in the world!
Gwenda Stewar set a LSR in a Morgan 3 wheeler in the 30s, with 116 mph and 1 or 1.1 litres, extremely impressive for the time.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face