Author Topic: Some scenes of Burford 1980  (Read 2343 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Some scenes of Burford 1980
« on: January 15, 2011, 04:22:56 PM »
 It;s a dull wet Saturday afternoon & I'm tidying some older bubble photos, gained a couple of years ago when I cleared Rusty Holdsworth out of various bits & bobs. Herein, a trio of alsorted scenes from Burford 1980 to get some of you giggling.  ;D

First up, it's early in the day & a Trojan is grabbing the attention. Who's that with his back to us? Why its Big Al of all people. Apparently he's still got that anorak!

Second up, a little later on & here we see the great man himself, Edwin Hammond, poking around a Dutch four-wheeled Heinkel...

And finally, come the end of the day comes prize-giving. Much dodgy clothes on display & some even dodgier people! Not sure who it is winning what, but that's Tony Marshall's shoulder I believe that we're peering over. Meanwhile, over the recipticant's shoulder, the man hiding behind the beard is Andy Carter.   :o  Quick, hide all the Peel's!   ;D    

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:24:59 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Some scenes of Burford 1980
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 12:48:43 PM »
And also Russell Church, Peter Houghton and Mr Westerby the Isetta owner who helped me with info when I first got my Isetta in 1977, A real gent. I think another is Dave Thurtell or one of what became the HTOEC lot.

Yep 'tis I. Paul Thorpe's backside in his car and I suspect Rita and Mike Millward are next to me.

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs