Author Topic: Which NMCR & which year?  (Read 5825 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Which NMCR & which year?
« on: January 15, 2011, 03:19:22 PM »
 Deep within my bubble stuff I have several old National photos which I have picked up from varius places over the years, including a pile from our Nick D to name but one. Most of the photos I've managed to sort into exacly which National they are,(soon to be presented to the NMCR commitie) but I still have a pile which is stumping me. Some of them are certainly taken at a National somewhere, but some of the older ones are taken here, there & everywhere.  So, you old-timers, if you recognise any of them, lets have exact location/event and the all important year....    :)

Pic 1 & 2, the Honda Thing

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 03:45:36 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Which NMCR & which year?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 03:29:28 PM »
Hi Stupot. I can tell you for sure about one of the pics, the Inter only ever went to one National and that was the one in Wales, cant remember the year but you will know. I think the one with the Hudson free spirit was at Weston park, I will look at my photos and try to ID the others.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 03:33:03 PM »
 And now on to the older/more obscure photos...

Pic 10, A frisky. One for the Frisky Man to have a go at...  ;)

Pic 11, A Messerschmitt....

Pic 12, A pink Isetta...

Pic 13, a blue Trojan. I have a feeling this may have been a Gordon Fitzgerald car at one point.

Pic 14,  a Bond Mk G...  (Note the rather rare Rover P6 estate at left!)

Pic 15,  A Goggo Transporter....

Pic 16,  more Isetta's

And that's the lot, Over to you....
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 03:55:27 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 03:38:40 PM »
the Inter only ever went to one National and that was the one in Wales, cant remember the year but you will know.

Myther Tydfil 1998 or Cardif 2001 would that be?   ;)   :) 

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 03:44:40 PM »
That would be 1998.   I have just found some pics from a rally that Dave Tadman put on at the Hop Farm Kent also 1998 and cars in attandance include the red Hudson, the Decsalisa and the job lot of yellow paint which is Isetta and Perrys peel. The background looks simular to your pic of the Hudson.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 03:51:32 PM »
 So by current reckoning, it looks like the pics of the Lisa, Hudson, Peel, Honda, Bond 875 & Berkley are all at the same event, the Hop Garden do, 1998, as they all have the same campers in the background. I did rather feel they were all taken together & are from Nick D's batch of phots. So, Nick, did you do that event?   ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 04:59:37 PM »
reckon i remember the goggo van from weston park the HTOEC year 1994 ? whole pile of germans came and they camped together with very interesting machines . the railings round the tree trunk as its a deer park ? well not cheap anyway .

Ladybird at the National i have annotated on back Billing 1992
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 07:21:51 PM »
Sorry to mislead you Stu but just remembered that Dave Tadman organised two events in kent, the 1998 one with the said cars in attendance was not at the Hop farm but somewhere near Gatwick, Copthorne I think. I remember the Honda 600 turning up there on the sunday. We had a run out to the Bluebell railway. It was the first run out in the Inter and I seized the engine somewhere near Ardingly!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 12:34:39 PM »
Sorry to mislead you Stu but just remembered that Dave Tadman organised two events in kent, the 1998 one with the said cars in attendance was not at the Hop farm but somewhere near Gatwick, Copthorne I think. I remember the Honda 600 turning up there on the sunday. We had a run out to the Bluebell railway. It was the first run out in the Inter and I seized the engine somewhere near Ardingly!

One rally had the London Brighton Bike run going passed on Sunday which closed the access road. Also a Peel owner frightened an American in a rental car into the ditch with his ginourmous motorhome and we spent about an hour getting it out.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 12:54:17 PM »
Yes, the Copthorne one was the one that clashed with the cycle event, it blocked off access to the rally, it most likely would have had more attendees if not for that. I think the Bromley buuble was a little out of pocket on that one and could be why it was the last. Shame.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 01:16:05 PM »
Something of a Copeout rather than a Copthorne. Bummer.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 04:30:18 PM »
Al. I have a recollection of you being at that one, didnt you organise the quizz? I seem to remember you firing the questions whilst wearing a mortar board?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 10:00:39 AM »
Al. I have a recollection of you being at that one, didnt you organise the quizz? I seem to remember you firing the questions whilst wearing a mortar board?

I was there though I have no recollection of with what vehicle. We often wear Mortor Boards in Oxfordshire. It makes us feel superior but also resolves the pigeon problem. Yep I did a quiz for Dave. It was at this event I agreed to trade into the last running Isetta I think I owned and drove being the 250cc one Phil Bowler had. The very same machine I set light to the brakes, paint and bearing grease going down the hills of Bath. So therefore the last car the I and Buddy with me pissed on in line of duty! Yet it was still the best Isetta I ever drove!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 11:03:45 AM »
Yes, a county well known for its brick layers. ;) Sounds like you need to look at your driving technique.

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 09:47:35 PM »
The Frisky is a Family Three Mark 2, which I last saw at the Bath Rally of July 1990
when it belonged to Alan Hillier

Alan sold it to a Mr Burton from Bristol who I believe may now be in Blackburn Lancs.

If any one knows any more about this car I will be delighted to hear about it

Its no. FR 3203 on the Register
John.