Author Topic: scootacars  (Read 8935 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: scootacars
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 06:59:30 PM »
That is the problem. Aquaplane and similar whizzo bits are all really rather expensive. I have Bellamy front axle and brakes but not the wheels. It is cheaper bolting something better in that is cheap power but then it is not period. Could go down the Alvis route with a dead one I have with ID. Hey ho, its a tricky choice.

I was not thinking of banger racing Microcars but certainly had some that might have been used. Need a skip to collect all the filler! BMW 600 is a bit over engineered and I am pushed to thinck of a better car, partly as I do not really like them. Not sure any sort of Peel would last long unless Root is going for a lexan moulded version with popmatic driver! That would be hard to beat.

You cannot beat unmolested cars for a full and accurate restoration. Sadly they are few now.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs