Author Topic: brutsch v2  (Read 15411 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
brutsch v2
« on: December 27, 2010, 08:21:35 PM »
can anyone identify this Brutsch v2. i saw it on the German wikapedia . its as close a relative of my Brutsch Arrow as you can get. is this car in a private collection in Germany or in a museum. is this car a mock up using one of the unused bodyshells or is it a complete car ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: brutsch v2
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 09:44:48 PM »
can anyone identify this Brutsch v2. i saw it on the German wikapedia . its as close a relative of my Brutsch Arrow as you can get. is this car in a private collection in Germany or in a museum. is this car a mock up using one of the unused bodyshells or is it a complete car ?

Never seen pics of the side of that car before! Looks very similar to the rollera on the side. I don't think it is proper original car, because I have never seen any pictures of surviving ones, and Bruce Weiner doesn't have any. If he doesn't, not many people do! What do you mean by unused bodyshells? Did the factory make extra ones?
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 10:08:15 PM »
i believe there are complete cars but there are unfinished bodyshells too , indeed otto had/has one empty shell hanging on the Stoery museum wall  . i have been told that at least one museum has mocked one up. arent they lovely cars  ?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 10:13:31 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 11:01:13 PM »
Hi Richard,

the V2 is owned by Martin Sauter who has a microcar collection and a lot of other really nice cars! Until some months most of his microcars were shown in the "Automuseum Engstingen". There was a Mopetta the V2 and the 1200 so it would have been very interesting for you as someone interested in Brutsch, like I am as well :)

This car has an original body (as you already mentioned correctly) which was found on Brutschs attic in 1975 along with some other bodies of the Mopetta and other parts. There is no engine in it but there never was one mounted actually so this is right. The current location of this original car is Schramberg you can find a list of all the exhibits of the new museum in the link below.

http://www.auto-und-uhrenwelt.de/ceasy/modules/cms/main.php5?cPageId=31
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 11:09:36 PM »
the bodyshell on the wall of Otto´s museum in Story is not a V2. The body and the chassis are from the attic clearing as well and both original.
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 12:11:23 PM »
hi again bruetsch-freak

clearly your photo shows a Rollera shell !! wow nice !! also a Rollera frame/chassis - even nicer .  BUT when i was at Stoery in 2002 there was a V2 hanging alongside the Rollera on the wall . strangely i dont have a photo of the two together . and you dont either it seems  ;)

but i know a man who does !  on the recent dvd purchased from Jim there is the evidence - i have photographed but dont know how to input it to my laptop , will do later. very strangely Otto has labelled what is obviously  a Brutsch Rollera karossarie ( bodywork)  as Brutsch Mopetta !!  He would know the difference and he has a complete Mopetta sited very nearby
Strange but true  :)  

many thanks for identifying the museum car i was asking about - it appears now to be out of reach  :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:13:29 PM by lightweight dickie »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 12:28:35 PM »
In days of old knights used to hang shields on the wall. Nowadays Microknights hang cars on the wall. It all makes sense when you know.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Trident

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:56:30 PM by Trident »

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 01:01:35 PM »
 :o wow thank you so much for the picture of the V2 bodyshell!!! I missed to visit the museum before it was closed so I didn´t know about this shell. If you have more photos of it, it would be great if you would send them to me!!

I have the dvd as well but it is some time ago since I watched it the last time but I think I know what I have to do today  ;)

As I already said I have never seen the Mopetta(Rollera) bodyshell in reality but on the photos it absolutely looks like a Mopetta. There were two slightly different versions of Brutschs Rollera (see the first two photos below) but both had a much longer front part. By the way there is no car known to exist of those two.

The third photo shows a Rollera prototype made by STÉ of France. They got the licence to produce the Rollera and built their own prototype. The bodyshell of this car still exists in Japan. The Rollera which was produced in series later has a completely different front part.

So, Otto was right to describe it as a Mopetta!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 01:56:29 PM »
Thanks Trident , i am sure you must be right :-[ . i had always thought of the mopetta as being very small and a lot shorter than the rollera . the red shell looked longer than i expected . on looking online i find the comparative sizes of the two very similar :

mopetta         170 long     91  wide
rollera             210           100 wide

v2                  255
bussard / pfeil  330

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 04:25:39 PM »
does this help?

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 05:19:24 PM »
Thank you very much Jim!!! This is great!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 06:14:21 PM »
Brilliant jim - many thanks , how did you get such a good print off a dvd . have taken one myself but not downloaded it yet . wont bother now  ;)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:36:01 PM by lightweight dickie »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 06:41:48 PM »
I did not take it off the DVD
one of the things I tried to do in 2002 was get photos of everything in the Störy Automuseum.  The only place I missed was the upstairs that was roped off that year.
Now I wish I had snuck past the ropes as others had done.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 09:08:02 PM »
so thats the answer !! i couldnt understand why i missed so much of the museum . i didnt realise until the arrival of the dvd how much more there was .