Author Topic: scootacar mk1 /2 engine price  (Read 2058 times)

dartline

• Just Starting
scootacar mk1 /2 engine price
« on: December 19, 2010, 07:29:10 PM »
hi. i have been offered a scootercar engine ,its from a Mk1 but I'm told its the same as a Mk2 mode l?, its complete except for the cooling shroud and black box but has all the wires coming out .it coming from a chap who had one in the sixties and hes kept it all that time and hes also got a box of spares inc lights trim  etc.he said it came from a car he broke personally and theres nothing wrong with it when he took it out . it turns over OK and looks in very good condition. no price has been mentoned yet as i said i would find out how much its worth  as wiling to give a good price but want to be fair . is there any markings on it that i should check for so i know its a scootercar engine.
thanks

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: scootacar mk1 /2 engine price
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 10:11:21 PM »
sorry cant help generally on scootacars but it was only mentioned ,yesterday was it ? that the correc tmk I and II  l.e.p. headlights are extremely hard to get. on ebay at the moment are a pair of " correct mk I or II WIPAC headlights - which info is correct ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 10:48:59 PM »
Scooter car engine will be marked as a Villiers 9E and apparently some were fitted with 11E engines.

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 09:56:42 PM »
all mk1s had 9e - mk2s had 11e.
If the owner has details of the car please send to the Scootacar Register  scootacar@btinternet.com

Cream Mk1 Scootacar