Author Topic: THE BIG LAUNCH  (Read 30792 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: THE BIG LAUNCH
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 06:07:34 PM »
 ;D KERRANGA . SMILE AND BE HAPPY  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »
Err cant stop.  Just off to the big lunch [I mean launch]  at the NEC!

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 09:38:46 AM »
that cant be my dad, hes got hair !! that bamby was the pre production prototipe built in the garage at home. he tested it thoroughly , noted all the faults ,made a list of the components that needed attention then totally ignored the issues and built them anyway!! :D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 08:55:44 AM »
that cant be my dad, hes got hair !! that bamby was the pre production prototipe built in the garage at home. he tested it thoroughly , noted all the faults ,made a list of the components that needed attention then totally ignored the issues and built them anyway!! :D

A sort of Evans 'elp us! But this is what a man in his shed does.....
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 07:03:32 PM »
looking forward to meeting up with g-o-g-g-o and probably others at the show at the NEC Birmingham - English, Midlands not Alabama, U.S.  going friday and looking forward to a good day out .  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 09:52:18 PM »
Now Lads it looks like I will be joining you all on Friday as I will be in Lincolnshire on Thursday and just happen to be coming down the M42 on the way home on Friday.

Please do not change your plans just to avoid me. The NEC is a big place and there is more than enough room for us all. Some of you I know well by sight, Others I have not met before, and  I may well pass you by in a crowd. But I look forward to putting faces to names when we do meet up. Lets hope it knocks spots off Retromobile.

I hear that Baynards leap has opened again. Does anybody know the new name and address? I may try and drop in there on the way up.

See you there

Chris Thomas

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 10:18:43 PM »
Chris
         Many thanks for the information, I will now alter my visiting day from Friday to Saturday
                                                                                                                                                      Mike

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 10:35:24 PM »
and i will wear my grey Brutsch Pfeil sweatshirt so people can avoid me if required. see you friday g-o-g-g-o you naughty boy  ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 08:30:49 AM »
I hear that Baynards leap has opened again. Does anybody know the new name and address? I may try and drop in there on the way up.

I cannot comment on the opening of the collection. They normally closed for the winter at Byaird's Leap. However I know the intention is to have a collection to put on show for next year. The new address is near New York - the real one complete with an umpire, a building in a state, Downtown, man with hat on, central parking, Wall's treats and stuff.

Clover Farm
Main Road
Langrick
Lincs
PE22 7AW

'phone 01205 280037
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 09:19:24 AM »
Dear Al

Many thanks for that information

Chris Thomas

Trident

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 04:41:01 PM »
Well has anybody seen the new Evans micro vehicle yet? I thought the launch was going to be  at the NEC today.

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 09:41:40 PM »
Well has anybody seen the new Evans micro vehicle yet? I thought the launch was going to be  at the NEC today.
Yes & Yes  ;)
Will leave it to Lord Cyphus to post the first pics and tell the world.  Fully expect that Stuart will have bought Baby Bamby chassis 001  ;D

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 09:47:38 PM »
pics...........
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 09:07:39 AM »
Come on Stuart, this is no time for a Saturday morning lie in !.  Get some pictures posted of the new Evan's cars and the NMCR stand at the NEC  >:(  Not everyone is going to see it in the flesh this weekend.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 12:06:21 PM »
well the two models are certainly not Bambi's but they are models. not at all what i was expecting  :-\