Author Topic: THE BIG LAUNCH  (Read 31238 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: THE BIG LAUNCH
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »
 Here's one to get you going, right here, right now.   ;)  Yep, there there in the foreground is the latest spawn of Evans.  8)  Yours for £2.500 a time. Tell your freands, tell your kids, & hot-foot it to the NEC with your chequebooks right now....     ;D  More pics to follow very soon.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
Re: THE BIG LAUNCH: more photos!
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 01:38:47 PM »
 And theres more folks....   :)  Just in case you can't quite gauge the size of the new Evens Minimicro's, here's a shot of that well-known face about town (I can't remember his name!  ;) ) trying one for size before placing his order for half a dozen...   8)

Meanwhile, a general view of the stand, with the Lambretta Linx making its first public appearance for years. Took us ten minutes to find the engine in it when somebody wanted a closer look...  ::)

And making its public debut, a jolly spiffing Brutsch Mopetta, & not necessarily the one you all thought it might be...  ;)

Right, you've seen the photos, now hot-foot it to the NEC & see 'em for real....   ;D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 02:02:20 PM »
They new Evans machines look really superb, and beautifully made. Electric power I presume?

Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 02:36:37 PM »
Ahhh! More toys then. All that build up for nothing! I agree with Marcus, they look well made but not the return to a road legal production microcar that we had hoped for.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 03:01:01 PM »
Actually Bob, part of me is relieved that they ARE collectables!
The current legal requirements for new road-going motor vehicles are so tough that it would be incredibly difficult and expensive for a small company to be able to meet them. Then they would have to produce the cars at a reasonably affordable price, then they would have to maintain enough sales to keep a production line going.  

This was not easy in the 50s and 80s, and nowadays even mighty corporations like VW, BMW, Ford, Honda and Toyota keep saying they are about to release a new 'schmitt or 'setta, but even they cannot get the price/quality/legal requirement ratio to work out.

Over the years various small companies and individuals have tried to market a new micro, but usually their dreams have been shattered. I think the new Evans creations look superb and probably WILL sell, as toys/curios/collectables/PR displays and just plain Small Objects of Desire, and therefore stand more chance of success than if they were "proper" cars.

Besides, they are the right size for me!

Er, but I don't quite know how Carla is going to fit in with me!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2010, 08:18:50 PM »
Here's one to get you going, right here, right now.   ;)  Yep, there there in the foreground is the latest spawn of Evans.  8)  Yours for £2.500 a time. Tell your freands, tell your kids, & hot-foot it to the NEC with your chequebooks right now....     ;D  More pics to follow very soon.

What ARE those mini-schmitts? Do they run?
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2010, 08:58:03 PM »
Fantastic ! I am speechless. What a wonderful work. Yes please more informations about.   
 Do they run, are they electric powered?

I love the Tiger !!!!!

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2010, 09:34:24 PM »
 ;D  Belive it or not, the cars are fully operational, just like the real thing, to quote the publicity handout. They're powered via a 50cc mini quad bike pullstart two-stroke engine. Full suspension as well, with disc brakes. The canopy lifts as you would expect, as does the engine cover. Full welded steal frame & mix of metal & fiberglass body panels, the tub being metal, the rest fiberglass.  Look, you know you want one, drop Emma a line & she'll sell you one....   ;)

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2010, 09:48:11 PM »
 Right then peeps, it's now after 9pm, so now to show the X-rated shots of the NEC...   ;)  See if you can spot Saint Grant Kearney being a perfect gentleman. A little birdy tells me he elbowed 25,000 other persons out of the way when the call went out for assistance & a stepladder....   ;D   8)    Before you ask, you won't see me in the pics as I was too busy ogling the Reliant Regal in Hall 1.   :-*

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:49:50 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2010, 11:29:19 PM »
well there you have it folks,some of you who put 2 and 2 together and came up with 3 may be a little dissapointed that it is not a bamby mk 2,but the minimicros were much admired by all and we recieved some very positive feedback over the weekend. i would like to thank everyone for there support and a very big thankyou to the NMCR for letting us invade there stand at the last minuit, well done guys, great job!! i will post some  pics  and some info when i have fully recovered from the beer we consumed . we have a website under construction and should be up soon. aswell as the TG and KR we also have a mkA bond under construction and will soon have an isetta in the range all in 2/3 scale, which is an ideal size as an average size adult can drive them! planned future models include a scootacar ,berkely,frisky to name but a few. all cars have a chassis number and come with a certificate of authenticity,are handbuilt by dad and myself and can be ordered in any colour/trim . ;D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2010, 07:53:18 AM »
If I go to the wrong side of the Thames to Hamleys for some Christmas I expect I might see one in there.
Certainly from the pics they look superb, and deserve every success.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2010, 08:18:37 AM »
It is just like a pub restaurant. The kids get the best menu! Far to good for the little swines!
Remember folks, you got to collect them all.... Got to be a viable business hasn't it? I would be slightly worried if was looking at garden Peels now as the pricing of the Evan's Angels is very competitive. The best thing is these compliment the real cars rather than detract from them. There can be little reason to not support the project.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »
As my auntie Dulce would say "Those girls will catch there death of cold!"

I also wish the Evans's every success with there venture although they are not for me. I'm sure there is a market for them out there somewhere but will microcar enthusiasts buy them, I cant see it unless they have kids and lots of spare money, maybe all these millionaire collectors who have bought microcars for investment but never drive them will want them for their display cabinets ;)  They look fantastic and deserve to sell!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2010, 05:59:56 PM »
Right then peeps, it's now after 9pm, so now to show the X-rated shots of the NEC...   ;)  See if you can spot Saint Grant Kearney being a perfect gentleman. A little birdy tells me he elbowed 25,000 other persons out of the way when the call went out for assistance & a stepladder....   ;D   8)    Before you ask, you won't see me in the pics as I was too busy ogling the Reliant Regal in Hall 1.   :-*

Well, I'm reading this at 7 pm, and I'm 14 ;)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »

Well, I'm reading this at 7 pm, and I'm 14 ;)

You'll sleep well tonight then.  ;)  Or there again, maybe not.....    Alright, I'm going, before this forum gets closed down for currupting the youth of England France!