Author Topic: Miss Tina Peel.  (Read 4374 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Miss Tina Peel.
« on: October 27, 2010, 02:19:06 PM »
I have asked a couple of times on the forum about if there is any truth in the stories of a few factory made Triumph Tina powered Tridents and it all goes quite! Who knows the truth on this? Is it just a rumour put about to legitimatise the few that exist? Are you all afraid of the mafia to sing on this? ;D

P50

• Prolific Poster
Re: Miss Tina Peel.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 03:56:47 PM »
As far as most are concerned this is a correct T10 or Tina engined Trident (it's the real McCoy as far as I'm concerned).

http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/peel-trident.html

So you can roll over onto your O/S even easier and quicker!! (O/S being relative in this case)
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 06:37:32 PM »
Peel Engineering built at least 4 T10 engined Tridents.  The best known example is the LHD one that Cyril Cannell owned for a short time and is now in the Bruce Weiner Museum.  If you look at the pictures of it carefully you will see that the engine was removed from a Triumph T10 and comes complete with rear pillion pegs.  Meriden works would not supply Peel with engines at the time so complete T10 were broken for the prototypes.  Several years later Triumph did offer engines but the Trident was out of production by then.  These fact were passed on to me by the late Cyril Cannell in 2004 so I have no doubt they are all true.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 06:46:57 PM »

If you look at the pictures of it carefully you will see that the engine comes complete with rear pillion pegs.

..and there they are!   :o

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 09:59:15 PM »
Thanks guys. It must have performed a lot better than the DKW model and automatic transmission as well. Down side is you have to carry two spare wheels, I'm assuming they have a spare?

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 10:31:33 PM »
I'm assuming they have a spare?
Never assume anything when it comes to a Peel  :D.  A spare wheel would significantly reduce your stop speed as would a large breakfast ;D

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 11:51:29 PM »
... and this Trident is for sure from its former owner Manfred Knäuper. He runs the " Bad Iburg" microcar collection for ages before it was lurched by an american collector anyway

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 12:18:55 AM »
... and this Trident is for sure from its former owner Manfred Knäuper. He runs the " Bad Iburg" microcar collection for ages before it was lurched by an american collector anyway

Are you suggesting that the Bad Iburg collection was stolen or cheated from Manfred?

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 09:09:02 AM »
Not at all Jim. Manfred just sold his collection of microcars as many others sell or sold their cars. Sometimes we loose interest of something we liked before. Thats the way it is! I am also thinking to sell my cars from time to time, because im pinched for time.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 09:16:31 AM »
Were the T10 powered ones made right at the end of production?