Author Topic: Peel mafia manipulates Peel prices to £100,000 each  (Read 4754 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Peel mafia manipulates Peel prices to £100,000 each
« on: October 18, 2010, 11:22:30 PM »

It's straight from the horse's mouth, so it must be true....   ;)   ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WaXiNyBMMg

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Peel mafia manipulates Peel prices to £100,000 each
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 11:34:16 PM »
Gary is the horse?

doesn't the Mafia end up cutting off the horse's head and putting it in someone's bed to send a message?

not good to be the horse's mouthpiece I would guess....

of course, "there is no Mafia", it's just business.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:38:52 PM by JimJanecek »

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 11:37:32 PM »
 Depends how much he can nag...   ;D     Boom Boom

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 08:08:38 AM »
Hmm?  fortune favour's the brave....

Anyone seen the new Top Gear mag?  6 page spread on the ex House, Weiner ARX P50.

£100k? that's for VEDOL petrol cap not the whole car!!       
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 09:44:49 AM »
ARX, that would be the one that is not totally original. We know where the missing bits are! You can't foal me!
Is this the new way of proving something is true? Just keep repeating it like Blair and Brown did. Trouble is in fact it wasn't true and a lot of people are now loosing a lot of money for believing it. Those that deal in reality and the bankers are looking like coming out OK though. Now I wonder if you can guess who the bankers are in this if the reality folk are not buying Peels unless they are very cheap. Still its all good fun and as I have said before I enjoy watching people throwing their money around. Just do not cry if it goes wrong please, I won't be sympathetic.
If I made Peel replicas I think to beat the market I would call the company Kraycars. The single seat Ron and twin seat Reggie. I could then take on the Peel Mafia.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 09:56:48 AM »
Oh thats well Al ! You would be welcome to the circle of Peel mafia members.

100 k for a Peel ?????

OMG, cant stop laughing now  ;D ;D ;D

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 09:57:36 AM »
What's the deal on ARX?

Has it been meddled with in the past?  Chassis plate look OK?  However it appears to be held on with a piece of plaster...?  Does this reflect the whole job?!

http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/peel-p50.html

-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 11:27:11 AM »
What's the deal on ARX?

Has it been meddled with in the past?  

I know the guy who meddled with it, but not in a nasty way as it was worth about thrupence ha'penny at the time. Indeed one of the bits for sale to us is 2/3rds what he got for the whole car and is identical to one fitted to some conveyances - ie free to those who love them (L.U.V.)! Best not tell him they are £100k as it will go up. The world is a very silly place really.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 11:47:26 AM »

and is identical to one fitted to some conveyances

Hush Alan, else all the conveyance folk will be buying up them funny Peel thingy's to break for those very parts!  :o

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 02:07:43 PM »
What's the deal on ARX?

Has it been meddled with in the past?  

The world is a very silly place really.

Car number plates were all "private" up to '63 and millions of pre '63 cars were scrapped with unreal plates.

That don't stop decent private plates being worth hundreds of thousands. Which were for all intense purposes free.

Get with the project Al.  Yesterdays junk is tomorrows treasure... You just gotta know what the quality junk is...
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 07:01:05 PM »
Sorry this one has got past me. Where did numberplates and values come in. I may have missed the point.

The unification of registrations was not really good news for Joe Average and in effect was an early privatisation to central Government replacing a system of local taxation with proof of ownership for a state tax system for a borrowed number and no proof of ownership either. Some people made a lot of money. I am reluctant to invest in rental products as the lease can run out. Number plates are a dead duck, the State holds all the cards these days.

Yes the skill is spotting the next big trend. I think Peels have happened so there are better investments about as the entry level is to high to warrent the risk. I am actively persuing a few opportunities which I will share with you all when I have made my cash. If not I will, as traditional, keep schtum so I do not look an idiot! Nothing to do with Microcars though. Diesel powered nuns was it....

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 10:46:29 PM »
Sorry this one has got past me. Where did numberplates and values come in. I may have missed the point.

The unification of registrations was not really good news for Joe Average and in effect was an early privatisation to central Government replacing a system of local taxation with proof of ownership for a state tax system for a borrowed number and no proof of ownership either. Some people made a lot of money. I am reluctant to invest in rental products as the lease can run out. Number plates are a dead duck, the State holds all the cards these days.

Yes the skill is spotting the next big trend. I think Peels have happened so there are better investments about as the entry level is to high to warrent the risk. I am actively persuing a few opportunities which I will share with you all when I have made my cash. If not I will, as traditional, keep schtum so I do not look an idiot! Nothing to do with Microcars though. Diesel powered nuns was it....

All I'm saying is silly worlds and silly prices etc make no sense for once valueless junk.

A prime example being a car registration.  Issued for free.  My Trident came from Hull. Being GRH.

HRH is also Hull.  HRH1 was issued to I believe a teacher in '59 on a Minx.   He bequeathed it to Liz as a gesture of good will in the 60's..

So you work it out.  Should he have kept it..............     

-Benvenuto Cellini

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 11:51:22 PM »
100K! they're obviously living in the bubble their cars are stored in?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 08:52:17 AM »
All I'm saying is silly worlds and silly prices etc make no sense for once valueless junk.

A prime example being a car registration.  Issued for free.  My Trident came from Hull. Being GRH.

HRH is also Hull.  HRH1 was issued to I believe a teacher in '59 on a Minx.   He bequeathed it to Liz as a gesture of good will in the 60's..

So you work it out.  Should he have kept it..............     

Ah I did miss the point. Yes we agree. Of course the other issue with the system is the history of the car is not always related to the number it carries. My Grandfather had 3 BG or BG 3 I believe, being the third car registered to Birkenhead. I bet that is on a Rolls Royce Spook or something now if it still exists. He also had the first auto accident in Liverpool by running into a tram of some sort. Got the newspaper clipping somewhere. Yep folks the family used to have money! Lost and frittered away. The number issue was always a lottery but it is interesting that the expensive cars and switched on dealers used to get in early and buy up the better numbers being issued. I remain intrigued as to how Bond Bugs often have two number plates, which look more attractive.

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 10:09:20 AM »
mopeds,bikes and three wheelers were often allocated the first of the reg numbers issued for a particular year,ie had 1 or 2 numbers etc.ive noticed that many o these vehicles have "nice" numbers,simply because they were first in line.i love telling some of the more snobbish people i come accross with a brand new tin box with a "private plate" on that it probably came off a puch maxi!

best one i had was on a 1959 Reliant van(only had old logbook so plate was worthless) which was 7445 E.